Am I wrong? Should I reconsider my attitude?

My employer is a franchise managed company with a limited number of employees. I recently suffered an accidental back injury, forcing me to stay home from work until I recover. The day I was injured, I informed my boss of what happened. Since then, he has been calling me daily, asking if I can return to work. I responded "As I stated, I need to take care of my injury before returning to work. I am sorry you are understaffed." He has mentioned that several other employees have gotten sick/injured or have other priorities preventing them from being as available as he needs them to be. I told him to hire other people but he informed me that he does not know how to because his bosses will not teach him the process for some reason. Now apparently as he stated, his boss is mad at me. I lashed out a bit and said that it's not my fault he does not have enough people, and that I need to take this injury day by day. I also informed him that I have a Dr. s note, and that I was going to follow through with that THEY instructed me to do, not him. Am I wrong to be irritated at this job? It's the kind of of job where if you miss work, it greatly impacts the store. I do however believe that life happens, and people do not plan on things such as my back injury. Am I wrong to want to leave this job in search for more respect and better treatment? What are your thoughts?

Most Helpful Guy

• You have a doctors note - you risk further injury by returning to work too early. Stand your ground what is point in going back to get injured worse and be out longer.

What Girls Said 1

• Stop answering the calls

• That would only end badly. I need to find a way to approach this responsibly while still standing my ground on things I believe in. This job is my only source of income right now.

• Believe me I thought about doing that though.

What Guys Said 3

• You tell him that you are following the doctor's orders. That coming back early may injure you worse, keeping you out of work longer.

• if u have other options... it'd b better 2 quit in my opinion :)

• you aren't wrong to feel that way but you should avoid lashing out at your bosses

• Too late for that. I also stated that I would be happy to speak with his boss. Also if you ask me he deserved it.