Guys, have you ever felt sick over a girl? Knowing you couldn't have her?

Have you ever felt sick to your stomach like you want to throw up mental anguish over a girl you were obsessed with and couldnt have?

10

Most Helpful Guy

• Sick? No. Well... A bit, yes. But, I wouldn't describe it as sick, so much as frantic and desperate for any ounce of attention or affection she could give me. That was my first puppy love. That was when I was 15. Never felt anything like that again. Even after I decided to stay away from women, all together, I never met anyone who really solicited that kind of desire or desperation after I was... well, 17. Yeah. After 17, I never met another who made me feel like it was fervently important and dire that I be with them.

Though. I will note that the puppy love desperation has stayed with me with that one girl. I don't think I'll ever forget her. In some degree. It's not so much desperation anymore, as it is an intermittently numb aching. In other words, give it some time, and it'll get weaker. You can't have what you can't have. It blows, for sure, but that's just how it is. Try going for a different girl, in the meantime. That helped during my existential puppy love crisis. Quite a lot, actually.

• So you never truly forgot about her or met anyone else like her even after 8 years but you did finally stop obsessing over her?

• Thanks man.

• Yep yep. No problem. It'll get easier. Just give it some time.

What Guys Said 9

• No. I've felt sick from dating a girl, and felt sick from getting dumped, but never by looking at a girl I'm too much of a wimp to ask out.

• Yea when i was still in highschool and we became good friends. Unfortunately she liked another guy even more so i decided to break all ties with her. I told her before that i had feeling for her but she didn´t seem to respond the way i thoght she would. I would lay in the bed crying mostly and whenever i saw the guy who she liked then i´d treathen him to beat him up. But it didn´t work so i treathened the girl to take suiside and at first she would avoid the guy out of concern of me hurting myself. But later she decided to date him and i would be ignored by her.

• Not entirely. There's been women that I've been a bit bummed out over, sometimes feeling anxious over the fact that I didn't pursue them/didn't have enough initiative to make mine, but I get over it pretty easily.

There's only one woman that kind of fucked me up for a long time, but even then it was more just revisiting memories every now and then, and it wouldn't last that long.

• Yep. More than once.

• Not really sick. But yes, I felt a bit down because we got along so well, but she was taken.
    Her boyfriend kept glaring at me after school, when he waited her up

• Did once. God, she had the face of a chilled scrotum. I couldn't eat for weeks.

• Yes. Thought about her constantly.

• Not sick but stuck in my own head yup I have even lost a night or two of sleep over an unobtainable girl.

• No, but once a girl literally made me sick...