Dog owners, does you dog live inside your house or does your dog have to stay outside?

Most Helpful Guy

• Always inside. I've never agreed with leaving your dog outside in the elements.

• I would feel mean leaving a dog outside in a cold kennel in the middle of winter while I am sitting in a nicely heated home.

• That is true that cannot be said about some people. I would buy a dog a heated blanket or something if I owned one.

• I remember I was 14 and I was with my friend riding our bikes to McDonalds, we had to ride down the back of shops to get there. And there was some dog standing in the road staring at us. (This was a shipment road, so there were bollards) It was a big Rottweiler cross. We stopped and he didn't move. We just sat on our bikes staring at him from about 15m away. He started to walk toward us, my initial reaction was he gonna attack us. This dog didn't have a collar on. But I noticed his tail was wagging. So I knew he wasn't aggressive. I got off my bike and I went over to him slowly he buried his head in my hands and I stroked him. While I was stroking him my friend called the RSPCA to come and take him away. I gave them my email when they took him so I could find out what happened. He got re-homed and they thanked me for finding him. I would have had him myself, but I already had a German Shepard at the time. :')

What Girls Said 6

• I hated when my mom allowed her boyfriends pup pitbull to live inside. I remember waking up one morning on my way to the kitchen and I slipped in Nigels sh*t

• So if you owned a dog you would make him/her live outside?

• That is sad he died. It is nice to keep your pet at a comfortable temperature.

• Well he and Diamond always broke lose from being chained out back so when we came home that day, we saw that he chewed her loose but then he succumbed to the temp

• He is indoor/outdoor. He sleeps inside but he spends a lot of time outside.

• Inside please please don't keep your dog outside. By hey become very lonely and need human infection. Love your pup!

• I would feel mean leaving a dog outside. Especially in the winter when it is cold, wet and windy and lonely out there.

• I don't know dude. They don't always but they do have a faster tract than we do. If you don't let them go on the late night walk and it's a pup you might get the midnight bother. That said I always walk my dog on the same poop path as she's not a pup. Otherwise it becomes a game of holding it to extend the walk and if she over shoots it by holding and I take her in well... She holds it til morning but is begging to go by the door when I wake.

• Yeah I am the kind of person that would pick up my dogs poop if it pooped in public to.

• Inside always. I will never subject a dog to having to live outside.

• What type of dog do you have?

• I also agree with you I don't believe in leaving dogs or any other pet stuck outside. Especially in the winter months when it is wet, cold and windy. I would feel guilty being in a nice warm house and my pet being stuck outside.

• They go outside during the day sometimes we tie them outside for a bit but when they want to come in they just bark and we let them in. They sleep inside also. One of them had her own little bed and the other one sleeps with me :)

• Do they ever wake you up in the middle of the night, wanting to go outside to poop or anything?

• wake me up yes because he snores but no not to go outside unless he's sick which is rare.

• we have a bernese mountain and he stays inside because we love him too much

• That is how I would feel if I owned a dog

• he is like part of the family and who would let their child outside at night? same

• Yeah I agree, I know if I had a pet of any kind it would be so spoilt lol

What Guys Said 5