How many of you think video games are the biggest waste of time compared to movies, tv or books?

Some people really feel that video games are a huge waste of time. But how is this hobby any more of a waste of time than others like movies tv or books?

Most Helpful Guy

• They are probably more beneficial than movies or tv, but books might be better depending on the subject but as long as you're enjoying your time then it's not a waste.

What Girls Said 4

• I think movies are the worst waste of time because its not real. Why should I care about something thats not real? t. v. sometimes has real stuff like if you watch the news, or if you watch a social program about world issues, or if you watch news about events going on in your city or if you watch religious programs or if you watch culinary / talk show programs - it contains some level of realism so its less a waste than movies.

Video games MIGHT be associated with high intelligence or brain training activities so I do not consider it a waste of time. The reason I say this is because every video game player that I ever met had a VERY high i. q.

• Well books aren't a fair comparison because it is literature. But I like video games

• Nah compared to movies./tv.. video games are better

As for books, I would rather read than play but that is just what I like.

• Well, with video games you have to think.

What Guys Said 6

• At-least video games are interactive, and some of them really engage you and make you think... Hypothetically a movie or a tv show can do those things too, but in my opinion, they usually dont

• Television programming, in particular, really is just that: programming

• Never got the hang of them

• books r in my opinion... yawwwwn

i like games of course, but music will always b my 1st luv :)

• Books teach you things tho, but some games do help develop certain skills. I guess people think there r more constructive things ta do basically.

• It depends games like flappy bird are just a waste of time, however games like mass-effect often tell stories better than books, movies, or tv shows. If you mean that wasting time is a good tail then yea you won't get anything from it. Most hobbies are a waste of time. Take flying Rc planes you won't make any money from it, and you will learn other things that are often worthless outside of that hobby. It depends on how you define worthless.

• They take ur time but it ain't wasted