Agree or Disagree: Anyone in today's era can become famous in America for almost anything?

I see plenty of groups or individual people on the mainstream media with undeserving credit and fame such as the Kardashians who are only famous because of Robert Kardashian's success as a Lawyer and Kim's sex tapes. Plenty of teenage girls (such as Farrah Abraham for example) are getting famous just for being pregnant at such an early age (16 & Pregnant and Teen Mom).

• Agree
  • Disagree

Most Helpful Guy

• You don't have to have talent or be smart anymore to be famous in the U. S. I am regularly embarrassed by the people that are considered 'stars' or celebrities here.

• Tell me about it. I think it's a huge slap in the face to all of the really deserving celebrities (actor/actresses, musicians, singers and athletes) who possessed the talent and actually had to work their way up very hard for their star status.

• I agree with everything you wrote. Also several of the reality star's turned out to be child molesters or just horrible people.

What Girls Said 5

• I'm not famous so... Not anything.

• Not just anything. But I will say that there are stupid shows such as that.

• yes it's true and somewhat annoying... why study and work hard when I can be on TV and get paid. UGH hate it

• There are countless examples of that. I agree completely.

• Yes as long as it intrigues people

What Guys Said 11

• Totally agree

• It's always been that way. The only difference now is that the vectors for exposure are a lot bigger and more directly populist, whereas before some top executive had to anoint someone.

• i agree a lot of people get rich for absolutely no reason. the kardashians or however you spell it are prime example of that.

• Yeah sure why not

• They can. Doesn't mean the fame would last though.

• with reality TV and YouTube, you can be famous for the stupidest things

• Ugly people cannot.

• Tell that to the Kardashians. They were all ugly before they we're caked with plastic surgey and expensive make-up after their deceased father earned a large amount of money for the O. J. Simpson murder trial.

• This means I can easily get famous?

Let's get to work.

• Disagree...

if it fulfills the hidden agendas then sure, Otherwise no.

• A moron can get famous for anything.
    Even getting a sex change.

• It's a reflection of how empty our society is.