My life sucks, and it's too late to do anything about it... I dont know what to do anymore?

In terms of education, I'm 24 and haven't been to university meanwhile all my highschool friends are or have graduated with good degrees
In terms of jobs, I have no qualifications or degree so a well or even decent paying job is out of the question
In terms of relationships, I've never been with a girl and at this point it's likely to stay like that forever due to my lack of experience

I live with my parents and can sense their feelings of disappointment in their only son
I was never one to consider suicide but honestly with every day that passes that seems like the only option left otherwise I'm going to end up a 40 year old worthless virgin hermit

Most Helpful Guy

• The problem is, you are living for other people. So, it's no wonder that you are considering suicide. Unfortunately, this attitude is very widespread.

You need to start living for yourself.

Your first step is, you need to find a job. It doesn't have to be a decent-paying job. You need to live within your means (and that will apply as much if or when you become welathier as it does now). Your second step is, you need to move out of your parents' house. Yes, you can do that on low pay. You just can't be picky about where you live.

• You live in the UK you have no idea how expensive housing is here in the west

• The UK is in the West. Besides, I do know a fair bit about global property markets.

What Girls Said 3

• The question is, do you want change in your life, and are you willing to make it happen?
    I had classmates who were nearing their 40s. You can always try to go to school.
    You're 24! You have time to focus on yourself and I'm certain you're capable of doing more than you give yourself credit for. You know how I know? Because you're reaching out. That in itself means you are self aware of your situation and moving toward change. What are your interests? Your passions? Set goals.
    There is NOTHING wrong with being single. It's a time in life when you can assess your wants and needs. Going into a relationship, it's best recommended one has a healthy self esteem because insecurities are magnified when you're with someone. It challenges you and you have to be aware that you are your own person. You have to love yourself before you can love someone else.
    Please, don't give up. You deserve all the good that comes your way.

• Well you're not going to accomplish anything with that attitude. You're only 24. I went to college and graduated with people in their 50s and 60s. Call the school and figure out what you need to enroll and start applying for jobs so you can get some experience. It's hard but if you keep trying and don't give up you can accomplish your dreams. And once you start achieving the right person will come into your life. But first you have to try. Success is earned and not handed to people.

• its never too late to start and education or any career really. have you considered real estate?

What Guys Said 10

• You feel like your life is over when it hasn't even started yet.

Try to plan ahead for shorter periods of time. Thinking 20 years into the future from a negative and pessimistic perspective will only lead to depression, as you have noticed.

Try to create smaller mile stones to achieve. Things that doesn't make you feel overwhelmed. Try to take one small step in the right direction every day, however small it is.

And try not to measure your human value in achievements like education or not yet having a girl friend. None of those things changes your value as a human being.

• that's exactly how I feel. I have been to college and can't get a job. I learned how to make an electric guitar and wind up with a minimum wage job doing nothing that really relates to a job in guitar making. I would love to learn how to fly airplanes and use that to get work, but it is so expensive.

you are lucky that you are still fairly young, not that I am much older, but it seems like time and life... or the absence of life squeezes you more and more as you get older.

I am pretty well a loner and a social misfit, and the only thing I can thnk of is doing something that brings me joy and interests me, but I really can't seem to find anything.

and don't even ask about girls or relationships or dating because that shit is way beyond my human capabilities

• When you get tired of being poor, sexless and chasing dead end jobs, you will make a change and go back to school. You can go now or wait another 10 years.

If you chase women, you will never get them. If you chase money, you will always be poor. If you persue and do your best work in all that you do, then income and women will come in packs.

• You can take up a trade like electrician, plumber, air & heating, carpenter. Get your life together and women will want to be with you.

• You don't have to have a degree to be successful. Just a hard worker who's motivated and willing to learn. Just pick a field you are interested, and go for it.

• go to college bro its great you make friends, there's pretty young girls everywhere and after 4 years of fun you get paid.

• That sounds like hell

• Lol dude go valantiering or join the army. Army will beat some sense into you. Or you can start blaming your parents or the government Lol

Sweet baby Jesus. Only in America.

• One day when you're 40 you'll look back and think 24 is young and you still had plenty of time and youth left.

Quit crying and do something about while you're still young.

We all have to choose from one of two pains in life: the pain of hard work or the pain of regret. make your choice.

• There are times I hate being born male

• Go to a community college, join a military branch, do something. Now is the time to get your life started.

• I've lost all motivation to do anything at this point, easier to lay down and die...

• Stop with the excuses. The only person who can change your life is YOU.