So who all works for 7.25 an hour and do you think it's bullshit?

I work at rural King. Only making 7.25 an hour and I do a lot of stuff... How is this fair

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah, it is. That's why people are wanting to raise the minimum wage. The big corporations are making record profits. And for service jobs, they can't ship them overseas like they do everything else. The small businesses already tend to pay employees more, and this can be proven with statistics. The story about driving up prices is right wing propaganda that noobs are swallowing without question. That stuff assumes that supply-side economics isn't a fraud, which it is.

• And large entities like walmart lobby the govt for advantages so they can drive out small businesses, then once they're the biggest employer they decimate wages. And if that's not enough, the taxpayers have to subsidize their workforce, since they pay them so little. All this stuff about driving up prices, guess what? You're subsidizing these low wage jobs, anyway.

What Guys Said 13

• I make $7.50 per hour... but I also make anywhere between $50-$150 per day in tips, so I don't think I qualify for your question...

What's rural King?

• A farm store.

• $7.50/hr sounds right then.

• No not really. I'm doing a lot more than a lot of other people do that are getting paid 7.25. I feel like minimum wage really should be raised to 10 an hour. My personal thoughts. Thanks for your feedback

• I started at 8.65 at age 16. That must suck in 2015

• I get $10 an hour and I still think it's bullshit.

Gotta be that entrepreneur lifestyle. Investing and shit.

• It just starts to make less and less sense when you can flip shit on eBay for $100 one day or something. Why work 10 hours when you can just keep doing that?

Find a way to avoid working hard. Instead, work smart.

• You are wise brother!

"let the answers flyyyyy"

• @Ihav2fart
      Brother I just hate even having to think about money. And working makes me depressed unless I'm doing something I wanna do. I'm forced to either live simply or be a wise financial guru!

• I got a job that was a little more restrictive. Thankfully my father was an accountant before he retired, so I knew how to use Quickbooks and Drake right out of highschool. So I was able to get a job as a bookkeeper fairly easily, which is 15.45 an hour where I live. Look for office jobs.

• If minimum wage scaled correctly to fit inflation it would be around $15 an hour.

It is bullshit, especially when you have CEO's hoarding money in off shore bank accounts, sitting upon mounds of wealth and not doing a damn thing with it other than buying a 3rd yacht or a 4th mansion that they'll never use instead of supporting their hard workers.

It's modern day serfdom.

• It's just an entry level job, and that's an entry level wage. If you want to get paid more, work hard for it, get an education, etc. No one is entitled to high salary. It should be earned.

• It;s not the paycheck that makes it bullshit, only the taxes on everything is bullshit. My dad says on a low wage job, he could buy a nice new car in full in one year or less in the 70's.

• well I don't know about a nice new car in less than a year (maybe), a nice used car anways.

• Yeah, taxes really are a bitch.

• I think what they're doing to our economy is bullshit. If the private banks would get out of our gov everyone could have plenty be able to support them selves and live very good lives.

• i make 9 an hour still sucks though. however i dont think they should raise minimum wage any higher it would run up the taxes sky high, devalue the dollar, and make everything more expensive.

• If you work for the shitty ass hourly rate you are better than me. I think these companies pay so shit because so many people are qualified and will always be available for the job.

• I bust my @$$ for 8 bucks an hour. Once I finish college ill get a job that actually pays me a livable wage.

• at least you have a job

I'm going crazy being jobless with no school

• Because you're flipping burgers, it's a simple task not like you're doing open heart surgery

• This is not a fast food place. Dumbass

• I'm 18. I work and go to college. It's a farm store.

• Ya stay in school and get a better job

What Girls Said 7

• Get an education or u'll always be complaining about the pay.
    Those jobs aren't meant to be careers.
    If you're having a job like that at least be going to college or trying to pursue something that will benefit you in the long run.

• Yeah well college is GHASTLY EXPENSIVE to say the least. Not everyone can shell that kinda money without a few decades toiling away in the labour market or getting in debt.

• I agree! @illusive_man!

• I have worked for minimum wage, twice.

Being a student, I work to pay rent and buy groceries a few times a month.

So, I don't need 'that' much money because those are my only responsibilities.

However, whenever I worked for minimum wage, I was also rarely worked.

Shitty pay and shitty hours, there's no way to life off of that.

And I feel bad for anyone with children to support and a house to pay for, a car to pay for, and food to buy while earning minimum wage. Screw the hours, they must scrape for everything.

• Move where the minimum wage is higher or find a better job. My first job was making 7.90$ an hour pushing grocery carts and now it's 10.50$ an hour making coffee and waffles. I also make anywhere between 30-80$ a day in tips so it all evens out. That's enough for me in college but I can't move out on my own making that much money so I'm living with my sweet old grandmother while I save up money etc. it's a pain in the ass but you just need to be weary of how you spend your money. In this day in age, you need to think like a thrift!

• Did you just start? Earn yourself a raise. Prove yourself. Within a year at my job I was up to $8 something. Granted, my job is shit at giving raises, so 4 years in and I'm at $9.63/hr because I applied myself.

They don't deserve me, but I apply myself regardless.

• You work hard but you need to work smart. Not trying to be rude or say you aren't smart but you need a higher grade job where you can get paid more but do less.

• that sounds bad :/

• Then quit.

• Not an option. Thanks though.

• There's always an option, but I guess you'd rather complain than take action.

• Lol I am taking action. Where do you work again?