Hey people do you think fashion is destructivem?

Like now since 2010 i see more and more women who like hairless guys and more and more guys who dislike big boobs. While before 2010 it was the opposite. That's why i think fashion is destructive. What do you think?

0|0
2|3

Most Helpful Girl

• Consumerism in general is more destructive than fashion specifically.

0|1
    0|0
    • Why?

• We spend our lives buying instead of becoming.

Have an opinion?

0/2500

Send It!
Sponsored

What Girls Said 1

• Fashion is expression, and fads come and go. Sometimes they bring back certain ones (think vintage or retro). Haute couture is an extreme case of fashion, but it's more of an art form than what we buy at stores. (art vs. commercial).

The fads will change again and again.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 3

• Why is it destructive? What's wrong with hairless guys? Or with smaller boobs?
    Fashion is how people express themselves, it's part of their personality, who they are, so no, it's not destructive, cause no one forces you to follow that fashion.

0|0
    0|0
    • Yeah but fashion ALWAYS has an influence on you whether you live in 60s or 90s or 00s

• It does more when you're younger and trying to figure out what you like, who you are and all that. But if you have some character, it won't influence you much. For example, where I'm from, the fashion for young men is to buy women's pants so that they're even more tight. I obviously think it's the most stupid thing ever and won't follow that fashion. So you're not always influenced by fashion, only if there's something about it that grabs your attention.

• The media sets trends that the mindless follow. Images and articles that explain what is "modern" sets expectations. It's been this way for a LONG time even back to the middle ages. It's not necessarily destructive as much as it's just silly.

0|1
    0|0
    • Yeah but it kinda controls people's preferences. Don't you think so?

• Of course it does. That's the whole point, to change fashion is to drive sales of the "new" look.

• I've never found big boobs attractive or a sexual turn on, even before 2910. I tend to not follow fashion fads looks trends, or media and program sponsor forced brainwashed ideas. However, I don't think id call fashion itself destructive. It goes nowhere unless people buy into it, or enough people. Some people, many people, are like cattle. They'll mindlessly follow anything if that's the way the crowd goes. That can be destructive... not thinking for yourself.

0|0
    0|0
    • Yeah but this happens today, right?