Do you receive credit cards from banks even though you didn't apply for it?

Does it happen often in where you are at?

• Yes
  • No
  • Others

Most Helpful Girl

• It has happened to me a few times.
    I never call to activate.
    I have 2 credit cards already (I think that's enough).

What Guys Said 7

• Yes , i always get offers in the mail for credit cards, loans
    i find it kind of crazy and some loan companies will get
    people loans who got credit that sucks so they get paid
    on commission.

• It could happen, because we only have to sign into our personal bank account on the bank webpage and from there we can freely order what ever we wish provided we have the 2 pin numbers of our ID. So anyone could sign in to your account if they knew the pin numbers and do what ever they wish. Problem is, they will be discovered very quickly.

It hasn't happened to me, I have never owned a credit card.

• Nope. Here in Holland banks don't really offer credit cards like they're free gifts, you really need to earn a good salary to get one. Maybe it's because our financial culture is not build around the usage of credit cards, but mainly by directly paying with ATM cards (the PIN system) and bank transfers (the IDEAL system).

As someone who once maxed his credit card and had difficulty paying it off, I can see how they can bring people financial ruin really easily.

• Haha not so far Kangy... what often happens here in Belgium is that a web shop send you a "present". But if you don't send it back you have to pay it.
    It's totally illegal and in court they cannot get their money. But they try :-(

• Not usable credit cards, but I get fake credit cards attached to applications to sign up for credit cards.

• Yes, but they're fake.

I AIN'T GOT NO CREDIT EXCEPT MY WALDORF CREDIT

• No, I've never received any. I would guess that it is a scam if it happened to me.

What Girls Said 2

• Yes quite often I wish they would quit sending them.

• Yes, everyday I get at least one, most of the time I get more than one.