Topic: Should cities offer free public Wi-Fi?

I need help basically, Can you give me 3 main points why should cities offer free public Wi-Fi? Thank you so much!

Most Helpful Guy

• Information and knowledge is what keeps a society strong. The Internet is our modern source for that knowledge.

The poor and disenfranchised are often the most hurt by cost of communication, with such apps as snapchat and Skype that are web based you allow family communication when you have free Internet access.

It drives business, when executives can rely on a stable internet platform anywhere in the city, regardless of a lunch meeting or in the ofice, as apposed to cellular data that may be spotty in some areas.

What Guys Said 7

• Actually some already do offer free wifi in some form or another, my local library offers free wifi, but it's only usable when your in the library. Cities should offer free wifi at places like libraries, or other public buildings but it shouldn't be available city wide to where you can access it from your home. If cities start offering free wifi city wide thy might as well offer free electricity.

• 1 people get lost in big cities and some don't have maps to find their destination so Wi-Fi may help them get there

2 people need to communicate with each other incase of an emergency

3 it also saves you time

• 1: people might be in an emergency (ex. ran out of money to make a call)
    2: i might need a map for the local area. do I have to get lost to get to that electronics shop?
    3. why not?

• Only if the voters will vote for it, because it is their tax dollars that will pay for it. Nothing is free.

• You got watch free public Wi-Fi cause that's how hackers
    gain entry into your laptop, cell phone, Tablet. Your safe to
    go to a public place such as a local library or public place
    that will allow you to use a security Network code..

• Some places in certain cities already do. Libraries, McDonalds, and my college are some examples. What I think you are looking for is why doesn't EVERY single place do it. That's what you need to look up; reasons why EVERY place doesn't do it

• Philadelphia tried it many years back. Corruption got in the way.

What Girls Said 1

• People wanna check stuff like Facebook Instagram etc.
    Some people can't afford wifi and some people are in the city for maybe vacation and meed wifi