Is being atheist fun?

• Yes, it's a blast! :)
  • No, it's boring. :(

Most Helpful Guy

• Can't be that much fun. Most of them seem very insecure to me... even more so than the general population. And touchy as heck if something steps on one of their sacred cows, which they ironically still have.

When the God-denier voice in your head goes off, sometimes you have to pray that much more defiantly. They can dig up the remains of Pharaoh's army from the Red Sea, and the denier's voice still won't shut up. So you have to ask yourself where this voice in the head comes from, and why it wields so much power. And why it even cares so much if anyone believes in any particular god/God.

The trail of breadcrumbs often leads to unpleasant conclusions: it's not that the Old Adam doesn't believe in God, it's that he doesn't care. That's the real spiritual issue.

• ''Most of them seem very insecure to me''
      Insecure? You mean Free? at least we dont have to live with a constant fear that if we fuck up we burn in hell forever xD.

And, The rest of your post is just a load of Bible Bashing Babble xD

• @Riggers: Because doubt is always there. If there is nothingness, then why does fear exist at all? Why is there fear of rejection by others? Fear of lost social status? Do animals fret about aversion of these things days or weeks in advance? No. The abstracts are nothing to them. For they were not made for such things.

To be made to know such things implies a maker that imbued the ability for a reason, a plan. What is your plan if your base assumptions turn out to be wrong? Especially now that I have been helping you? Who will you impress, and how?

• ''To be made to know such things implies a maker that imbued the ability for a reason, a plan''
      OR
      Millions of years of Evolution via 'survival of the fittest' which eventually handed down our abilities?
      Evolution gave humans the ability to be self aware, Just as it gave, say, Chameleons the ability to change their color. We are self aware so we know our dangers and risks to help us survive, Chameleons change colour to avoid predators and hide from prey, To survive. Our abilities, May seem special, But, In the grand scheme of things, Its just another survival technique, Not much more.

Dont think of it, 'Those animals were not made for such things', Rather, They were made with OTHER things. Infact, Don't even use the word Made, Use the word Evolved.

I mean, You believe Humans are the superior species on the planet? Tell that to the Lion that would gladly tear one of us in half xD. Humans are terrible species, Its our inventions that make us strong (Using our evolutionary ability)

What Girls Said 10

• Is being religious fun?

It's not fun or boring, it's a lifestyle and I live happily being an Atheist. I don't need to be religious to be happy. Atheism isn't this out of this world thing, it's just a way of life like religious people's.

• I don't think it is, I had an 'atheist phase' a while ago and it was really so ugh.. no way, i'm becoming atheist again..

• It's not a blast and it's not boring. It just... is.

• Its the greatest thing ever, because being atheist ya know... makes a difference in what I find as 'fun'

• I think having nothing to believe in is boring. But I don't know lol

• How is believing in yourself boring?

• I think believing in yourself is just a basis and has nothing to do with your religious or non-religious beliefs @noboddy

• being atheist is neither a fun nor a blast really... It just means I have eliminated the part of my life that is religion. it's not really something I think about very often...

• It's neither boring nor fun, it's just not believing in God, that's it.

• It's neither, it's simply not believing in God.

• It is painful.

• Yeah because I get to sin all the time without any consequences. Leading a blasphemous life is fun.

What Guys Said 13

• Odd question.

The origin of a person's moral code doesn't make their life any more or less fun in and of itself. There are atheists that lead incredibly moral lives, and theists that lead incredibly immoral lives. There are atheists that have fun, and atheists that don't. Theists that have fun, and theists that don't.

A fun life is a life spent doing things you want to be doing. Some atheists will spend their lives doing what they love doing, and some theists will spend their lives doing what they love doing. Sometimes what they love doing will actually be the same thing. A theist that gets personal enjoyment out of helping at a soup kitchen is feeling the same inner peace that an atheist can feel helping at a woman's shelter.

Religiosity and 'fun' are two independent scales.

• It can be as much fun as being religious I suppose

• very nice...

• It is as fun as you make it, with or without a deity :P

• It's more a blast than being boring. It's nice because I don't have to worry about following idiotic rules all the time, but at the same time it does suck thinking about not existing when I die.

• It's whatever

• I get to sleep in on Sunday's, I don't fear invisible beings, I can jerk off without guilt, I can gamble without guilt or fear and I get to keep 10% of my income for fun.

• Same here, but I still have God in my life... funny.

• If God were real, but it's just your imaginary friend. I stopped believing in fairy tales when I became an adult.

• Sure is, no god telling you what do to all the time, and no fear of burning in hell for not going to church every Sunday.

• Well, I'm happy being one.

• Atheist and proud.

• yes, it is.

• It's great knowing nobody's watching me and/or judging me on the toilet!

• yeah its fun knowing you have no purpose in life