Do you think America is going to hell in a hand basket?

If so why?

Most Helpful Guy

• the whole planet is.

What Girls Said 7

• No. I really like what I have seen in America so far. It is not like Austria, of course but I can progress much more rapidly in my role here and there is less sexism. I do not like the politics that are happening right now in America. It sounds like the politics in Austria from the late 1930's. America is giving up rights that were so smart to have. Whenever a government grabs power that belongs to people... Watch Out! I read Benjamin Franklin. He wrote once that "a man who trades Freedom for Security winds up with Neither." More Americans need to read what their founders wrote.

• Yes because people claim to be Christian and then don't do anything that the bible says.

• The bible is bullshit, not being a Christian isn't going to destroy anything.

• Well they're being hypocrites and not honoring God's Word. I don't want to yell at you, but please, you don't have to generalize all Christians. We're not perfect or robots, either.

• Yes and no. People (read: white people) are waking up to the realities of what it's like to be a visible minority in the US. This is a good thing. You have to be able to recognize a problem in order to fix it.

• There's a saying, "You can't fix stupid". What we need to do is not act like animals and find a common ground.

Also electing government officials based off of their qualifications, not what they will do for only you.

• I agree with you. I also think that rioting is the language of the oppressed, used to get the attention of the oppressors.

• Yes, we are because of people like this. White trash at its best ladies and gentlemen.
    www.youtube.com/watch
    www.youtube.com/watch

• You mean the economy? So long as we don't vote another socialist in office, no.

• Maybe 1/4 of America.

• I'd prefer not to get caught in political debates, as some issues I'm very passionate about and take them personally. But I'll try my best to state my opinion without getting involved in another internet fight...

President Obama is a charming man, I'll give him that, but he's lied through his teeth and is not responsibly being a leader. The economy has been going downhill for a while now. I'm not going to complain about past leaders and claim they caused the critical state of our government. Since the people elected and chose him to be our country's leader, wouldn't you want him to lower tax rates in America and stop taking money from other countries, (the latter which increases our goverment's debt)?
    I understand I can't expect him to solve all of our problems, but making insurance actually affordable would be a great benefit, especially for those of us who have to live by paycheck to paycheck.

Some people who can't afford the monthly expenses required to live relatively modestly (lower middle-class, I assume) are homeless or un-employed, so how would he attempt to resolve that issue?

I apologize. I tried to make my argument relatable, but even I can't tell how to state all the facets of my opinion without the urge to take it in a completely different direction. :(

• I asked this mostly to spark the thought in peoples minds. You actually gave a good answer.

What Guys Said 14

• I don't agree with that but I think there is so much diversity that it is pulling in different directions

• probably not lol.

• It has been for a long time. Cradle to the grave welfare entitlements for everyone, illegal immigrants flooding our borders wanting to get their grubby hands on our social programs, billions wasted on the war on drugs throwing people in prison for smoking weed.

Wasting billions on foreign wars in the middle east and across the world and wasting thousands of American lives.

Government spying on the internet and peoples phone calls, intrusive airport security. Trying to pass laws to take away peoples right to own a gun to defend themselves. We are becoming more and more of a police state.

But I don't think much can be done at this point sadly.

• i don't think so...

• If GAG is in any way representative, then no. Lots of bright young people on here.

• If hell is real then Probably.
    Same with countries like the UK and Australia etc too, thanks to our governments.

• I'm not an asshole or a selfish prick so I'm good maybe you and others are going to hell

• "Countries" won't go to hell or heaven. Individuals will.

• Its more of a saying than a literal meaning.

• I just want more young adults to see things in a different way. I'm not saying America is shit, in fact I wouldn't live anywhere else!

But, we need to change the direction our country is going in and get back to the basics!

• Are you worried about individual behaviour of people or about the political behaviour of USA?

• I welcome the end of America and Japan.

• America made China possible with all the stolen technology.

• it will destroy itself eventually.
    wars
    guns
    fights
    walmart

all not needed

• I love how Wal-Mart is one of the US's greatest ills.

• can be taken as a joke
      or a symbol of sheer commercialism ^_^
      @9mfeo

• depends... it's racist, nd always will be.

• Liberials do not understand the basics in an economy, everything should be free and the debt simply increased.

There are a lot of dumb voters, entitled people and people with the morals of an animal that will bring this country down to its knees in the next decade. Expect a huge financial crisis, rioting and racial strife.

• They're alright I suppose, but they should all stop shooting each other and thinking the solution is more guns to stop the shooting, that kind of stupidity is what damages their rep abroad. That and this sort of thing..

img.myconfinedspace.com/.../...FREEDOM-IS-HERE.jpg

• I'm curious to why you think it will.

• Well considering we have a government that is elected by us, but doesn't pursue any interest for the average American...….. One side says yes while the other says No.

I feel like they are elementary school kids!