Does illegal immigration benefit society at all?

Does it benefit society by illegals doing unskilled labor jobs that no one else wants to do for lower than minimum wage, or is that just a claim made by socialists to support letting illegals stay here?

Most Helpful Guy

• It doesn't. Yes, the plus side is that you can pay them less money, but this will bring overpopulation, increase of taxes (cause there are more people consuming), and possible violence, drugs, mafias, prostitution...
    Illegal immigration is not at all beneficial.

What Girls Said 6

• I don't think it does. Many can't even speak English so how could they be of benefit? They will seek asylum and will usually get it, resulting in them getting free housing and benefits - a huge drain on the country's money. I don't agree with them coming over and any that do make it should be deported back to their country. If that happens, it will dissuade them coming in the first place. They're coming to the UK because they know they'll get loads of benefits and an easy life.

There are hundreds of thousands of young people and students who are struggling to get a basic job anywhere and many would be happy to get a minimum wage job, as long as they had one! There was a NEWS article written about a woman who finally got a job, after hundreds of applications over a few years. She was a young British woman and it was newsworthy that she got a job. If that doesn't show the societal situation in al its glory, then I don't know what will.

• I don't think so. True, you can pay them less but in the long run they become more of a tax burden since many of the illegals don't pay taxes themselves, thus shifting the burden on others. This is especially true in Europe , where many of the illegals coming from North Africa and the Middle East are moving to Europe just for the welfare benefits. Some reports state that as many as 80% of these immigrants are on welfare.

Some have also been blamed for stealing jobs. There was an article of an illegal who worked at Goldman Sachs. She would have never gotten that job if she hadn't lied about her status.

• The land does not belong to you it belongs to god - you have no right to say who is and is not allowed in your country.

• Fuck off. Your fictional God does not own the U. S. And we are a land of laws.

• Actually, the government of a country has total and complete right to say who is allowed in the country. That's the joy of having an army and law enforcement agencies.

• As someone who has benefitted from my ancestors immigrating illegally, I'm not getting involved.

• No, I don't think it does. In my country this is a big problem. Unlike America, we do not give undocumented immigrants any social welfare but they cause a lot of crime and are paid under the table. This is a big problem for us.

• What country do you live in? Your profile says the U. S?

• I live and work in New York City (legally) and I am from Austria.

• Cheap labor

What Guys Said 7

• No because it's illegal and bad for the USA to not follow it's own rules which makes us weak, among many other reasons.

• as long as they don't annoy others.. it's fuckin ok 8)

• I find it hilarious that democrats/leftists in one statement will say how it's good, and illegals do the jobs Americans won't do for regular wages...

then they say we need to raise fast food worker's pay to $15 an hour, haha!

• no. it sucks the resources from taxpayers. So do all the immigrants that come here just for welfare and social security but never contributed. Liberals like it because it gives them a dependent underclass that will vote for them.

• It does. Next question.

• I think it would benefit it we allowed them to become immigrants and pay taxes but if they continue to be ignored than it's bad

• Have you read up on the subject?