Girls, If you shave your private area, how do you stop yourself from getting razor burn?

I always get razor burn every time I shave!!

9

Most Helpful Girl

• You're suppose let hot water run for a while and let the steam open your your hair pores. If your pubes are long you want to trim it as much as you can with a scissor. Then you wet that area with warm water, apply any shaving cream of your desire or soap, and shave the direction your hair grow. To get a cleaner and smoother effect, then go opposite of hair growth. Apply apple cider vinegar with cotton, it will sting a bit but it will for a few sec only, and it'll protect from razor burns and bumps.

What Girls Said 8

• I NEVER shave any of my body parts for this reason, my skin is SO sensitive. I purely wax, specifically sugaring as it is less painful and prevents ingrown, also it lasts 3-4 weeks and hair grows back finer and more sparse.

As for my private regions I get Brazilians for the same reason listed above. Although If you cannot afford or do not have the time for it, I would suggest buying hair removal cream it is fast acting and works great, no ingrown or razor burn!

• I trim it instead of shaving. It has less contact with the skin, so no razor burn.

• Shave with the hair not against, then put face lotion on it.
    I got it super bad and I'm a swimmer so I got laser hair removal its SO worth it
    it does hurt a little bit especially if you get Brazilian, But it would be so bad if you just got bikini

• i had my first laser session when i was your age. invest, you won't regret it.

• Put shower gel and moisturise it after shower.

• I only use hair removal cream, which you cannot use on genitals. So i just use it in my armpits and bikini area. I would like to shave the genital area too. But I am kinda scared of razors.

• I know there's a lot of brands that sell razors for sensitive skin

• I need to figure that out too :(
    No shaving cream or different razors have helped me.
    I am too scared to get a wax haha