You discover that your wonderful 1 year old child is because of a mix up at the hospital and not yours?

Would you want to exchange the child to correct the mistake?

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 8

• If i raised a child that wasn't mine for years and finally located my real child
    i would still want both children to be part of my life providing the real parents
    of the child was agreeable of things some instances people will be cool
    about things and in other instances people can just not care..

• If they gave me a black white or brown baby I'm pretty sure I know there is a problem right away o_o

Now if it were an Asian baby then I suppose I'll continue to raise her/him as my own.

• "eh ok... np i'd deal wid it"

• I'd take it back I only plan on having 1 child if i get an SO and i want that child to biologically be mine.

• I would definitely exchange back! I want the child that is my actual blood offspring!

• Yes, i would apologise to the other couple too who've had this mixup too.

• return the kid and demand compensation from the hospital

• I'd just dump it in a well.

What Girls Said 6

• It almost happened to me.

My baby was a day old.
    He's mixed and looked more like his father's race at birth.
    I saw the nurse wheeling him into another patients room that was 3 doors down from me (because he looked more like their race).
    I stopped her and told her that's my baby.
    I showed her my risk band that matched his foot band.

Anyway with your given scenario,
    I would have a fit because they gave me the wrong baby.
    But how realistic would this be?
    This child is a toddler and I should know what he or she looks like after a year of having him or her.
    So I would detect the mix up right away and be aggravated.

• Wow, that kinda thing really happened to you..
      Oh and no.. It's not happening to me.. Just something I'm wondering about..

• Yeah its possible.
      Some people r not very good at their job

• She didn't believe when I said the baby was mine. Which is y I showed her the band.
      She just went with who Evers baby she thought it was

• I'd try to correct the switch up, it's not that I don't care about the child I raised for a year, but I'd like to be able to spend time with the child who was in my womb for nine whole months. Since the two babies were born in the same hospital it means the parents of the child you raised must live near by so they could always become playmates, and you'd still get to see the other baby.

• I'd let the hospital know and go from there.

• If youd already bonded with that child for a year then he/she is pretty much your own (no matter what DNA says). So i think personally it would be a very hard choice to make and not one id be able to make unless i was going through it...

• Of course I would. I'd also sue the hospital.

• I would if the child was one. If he was older I don't think so.