I need you help! Which of these two cars (both mustangs) looks better and/or which would you own?

2003/2004 Mustang Cobra

2013 Mustang GT

So simply which one do you like of these 2? (look ([which is more appealing?], design, engine, etc...)

• Mustang Cobra
  • Mustang GT
Any others?

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, I'm a huge Mustang fan so this is going to be interesting.

As far as looks, that's tough. I do like the old-school, classic car look of the GT. But at the same time, I also really like the sleek, modern style of the Cobra. I remember when I went to my city's auto show last year, and there were some members of a local Mustang club there and one of them had a Sonic Blue Terminator just like the one you showed, and it was easily as good-looking as any of the new cars on display, even after 10 years.

That Cobra hood really does it for me though. It's so wild and aggressive. You see that and you know it's more than a regular Mustang.

The engine could go either way. The GT has the Coyote 5.0 which is bigger and more powerful than the Cobra's 4.6 to start with, but the Cobra's is supercharged and can be easily modded to produce more power.

They're both really cool cars. But as you may have guessed, I'm that one guy that voted Team Cobra. For me, there's a lot of reasons why I'd pick it. For one, though the GT is newer and more powerful, it is a mid-level car whereas the Cobra, though older, was the top of the line in its day. Personally, I think there's something cool about owning the top of the line, even if you aren't the newest or the fastest anymore. I also like that it's a much more rare and unique vehicle - there are many more GT's on the road than Terminators. The GT is mass-produced, but the Cobra is a special edition. Finally, I like that the Cobra is an ancestor of the original and present Shelby Mustangs. I feel that there is a touch of luxury and prestige with the Cobra.

Like I mentioned on that other thread, I currently have a 2000 Mustang GT which I do enjoy but if I ever got another Mustang (which I hope to, eventually) then I'd like to move up in trim level. I'd like to say that I have the top model.

• I do think you may have picked one monster of a Cobra to live with, though. I remember you mentioned the numbers and you were in Hellcat country. I was honestly surprised to hear that it was not, in fact, someone's Sunday-Funday car, the kind that gets hauled to the strip on a trailer and used strictly for drag racing. It doesn't sound easy to deal with on the street, and the gas mileage must have gone from bad to awful.

At the risk of sounding cowardly, if I were you I'd just de-tune the Cobra down to a more streetable level that you feel more comfortable with. Then you could sell some of the go-fast parts and help offset the cost of the car. Or, just trade for a stock or lightly-modded Terminator.

• Honestly, I don't blame you. That specific Cobra you have doesn't sound like it was made to be a daily driver. Still, my vote would be to de-tune it and keep it, if possible.

This was a really tough pick though. If it had been 2003-04 SVT Cobra, 2013-14 Shelby GT500, or 2015+ Shelby GT350, I wouldn't have been able to pick. I think my favorite will always be the first generation, classic Shelby Mustangs. But of the modern ones, I can't decide.

• for modern i would choose 13'-14' old ones... 67'-69'

What Girls Said 6

What Guys Said 6