My neighbor plays music really late, what can I do?

We're only here since 6 months and we already have problems with a neighbor. We have a semi-detached house and my bedroom is next to their house. He doesn't work, stays all the day in his house not doing anything, he claims to be a music composer while all he does is shitty sounds with his hi-fi.

Every single fucking evening, he 'plays' music until sometimes midnight. So at the beginning we used to not do anything else than punching the wall to make him understand we want to sleep or to watch the tv hearing what it's saying. But he didn't stop. Then my mother saw him in the streets and told him if it was him that was playing music very late. He said it was the tv however it was clear he played music. My mother asked him where are his musical instruments, he said he played on the hi-fi, that he is a composer, has his own website and does concerts. Everything is said was in a very arrogant tone. When my mother came back home, he played loud music even though it was the morning.

Since that day, he ignores all of us. But he plays more music when my father is sleeping (he works at night and the man knows it) and when it's late during the week when we have school. He does have children.

I don't know what we can do. Some night I can't sleep because of him but my parents don't really care anymore since they're not next to their house. That neighbor is so conceited and annoying.

Most Helpful Guy

• I had neighbor who kept having parities and finally had to get the
    police involved and they took a girl who was a teenager passed
    out from drinking and here he was coming home from jail on furloughs
    or whatever they called it and he loss the house and he got more time
    in jail all over that stuff

What Guys Said 7

• walk over and politely explain the situation. tell him that the music is extremely loud and your bedroom is right next to his house. Politely ask him to turn down the music at the times that you need it to be quieter.

Hopefully he'll politely heed your request. If he doesn't, you can talk to his landlord (if he is a renter) or (and this should be a last resort) go to the police

• You can call the police give them his address and they can make it turn the music down. Refuse to give your contact information to the dispatcher so they cannot link it back to your family. Also check the noise ordinances in your area because sometimes they apply 24 hours a day and not just after 9 pm

• you can always file a noise complaint

• Call the police.

• is he a musician maybe?

• Call the police.

• Kidnap his children and ransom your sleep.

What Girls Said 1

• File a noise complaint.