What do you think of this recently released PC game, Hatred?

All I have to say is for all of it's fucked up message behind the game, I laughed my ass off when I first saw this game trailer because of how many people were offended by it. The developers of this game must have had some very big balls to release this game.

• Very disturbing. Whoever developed this game must be one demented fuck.
  • I find the game fun so far for what it is.
  • I really don't have an opinion on it.
  • I find this shit fucking hilarious, lmao. XD
  • I have never heard of this game but so far, it has captured some of my interest.
  • I've never heard of this game nor do I care to find out what it's about.

Most Helpful Guy

• If gore-slasher movies are allowed to exist then so should this have the right to exist. I don't believe in banning any form of entertainment no matter how 'sick' the subject matter is.

Why? Because instead of getting all up in arms about something you're disgusted by, you can always make the decision to simply NOT play it. Live and let live.

I haven't tried this game yet though, I don't find it all that appealing to be honest. Not out of disgust, but because it looks very repetitive.

I believe you should have added the choice: "What I think of it is irrelevant, it has the right to exist". I voted C as the closest approximation of that answer.

What Girls Said 1

• Man our society must be fucked.

• why do you say that?

• Many people enjoy bloody horror movies, some existing as not much more than visual vehicles to display the gore in all its glory. This is not so different from such things in my opinion.

• That's what I mean. The fact that people enjoy gore and want to experience it through such violent vehicles... Don't attack me because I don't have the same views I just find it concerning that this kind of stuff is acceptable in north america.

What Guys Said 10

• The game isn't much of a game - it's trading purely on the controversy because it's easier to try and create that than make a decent game.

Postal, almost 20 years ago, tried the same trick. Postal 2 was actually fun, however.

Carmageddon, Mortal Kombat, GTA - all were controversial too but were still decent games in their own right.

• what a way to blow off some steam hahaa

• I look at this game as a middle finger or an indirect "Fuck You" to political correctness from both sides of the extreme political parties (Liberals and Conservatives). I'm telling you man, the developers must have some serious balls to even consider making this game. LMAO XD.

• Not knocked off the shelves but it did receive an A rating (only a very VERY few video games receive this rating and A-rated games are never released on consoles). This game actually already banned in a few countries (from what I've heard).

• "I look at this game as a middle finger or an indirect "Fuck You" to political correctness"
      I agree with this. It also brings to light a taboo subject which is always good. The devs behind this game work hard and have families, they really aren't sick bastards or anything. From what I've seen they're a pretty cool bunch of people who just happen to be creating one of the most controversial games in recent history.

• I play a lot of video games and many violent ones, but I think a game with this exact message, of being a sociopath killing civilians is a bit too much for me... but either way it should not be censored, and I think the gameplay looks good over all.

• As much as I honestly sometimes hate humanity myself (and can have a dark and fucked up imagination sometimes), the one thing I would NEVER want to see in a video game ever in my lifetime is being able to kill or harm infants and innocent children on screen.

• Does it have that? I am pretty sure no game can be released with that, regardless of rating...
      Well in this case the game would indeed facilitate thoughts as such in people as such, which is exactly what lawmakers are always going on about. I have always focused the problems on getting potential mentally troubled terrorists the help they need and keep them away from the means to commit such a crime.

• It's another game trying to let the "it's so aweful" hype train carry it. GTA, Postal and others have done it in the past... difference is, they had more varied gamplay and weren't hung on "i'm so angsty" in the same laughable way.

• The angst is of course 100% intentional so of course it's laughable in that sense. The devs haven't tried for even a second to make this game be a deep look into the psyche of a disturbed man. Which I must confess is a bit of a missed opportunity!

• But if they tried to explore the psycology it would potentially mae the game uncomfortable. At the moment it's just a parody/gimmick which helps laugh the hole thing off.

• Cash grab on the initial "wow I'm controversial" atmosphere, then people'll realise it's a shit game that isn't particularly shocking anyway. It'll have meme value for a month or two, then it'll fade away.

• never heard of it before but it looks interesting. but what's with the old-shool isometric top down view? is the whole game played like that? why would they have that in a modern game?

that being said, the violence is a bit over the top but i've seen this kind of thing before. when i read your question i was expecting way worse. it's nothing groundbreaking.

• come to think of it, i don't know if you watch game of thrones but it kind of reminds me of the fight between oberyn martell and ser gregor clegane.

• Same old same old. /Postal

• Wow... the one time i can't defend a game
    yea, that shouldn't be sold

• Looks awesome, I want that game.

• It's fucked up, but I like fucked up every now and again. Also, watching all the politically correct wusses get all fussed over something like this is priceless.