School... and the Real deal? What do we actually need?

I've just been wondering... how much of what we learn at school will we actually be able to use in the real life, when we look after ourselves?
Like History or Geography... Just wondering, I don't want to come over as spoiled.

I think it sucks (forgive me for my language) that you need to go to different schools for one useful thing...
Going to a cooking school to cook
Going to another one to learn to fix things
Another one to grow your own veggies
I can go on and on...

Languages was useful though

Most Helpful Girl

• I think we only need English , Math, Spanish and classes that pertain to our major. Geography helps if you plan to travel. History is just a drama starter. The past should be left in the past. Health class if helpful if you plan to be sexually active. Art is just something to pass time by. Physical Education is uncalled for. If you want to exercise, go to the gym on yor own time. You shouldn't be forced. Music is unnecessary if you dont want to be a musician or musical instructor. I can't think of what else

• I really hate all this advanced math. Just teach us some basic numbers so we can count the money in the register. The end lol. Leave advanced math for accountants

• I have to retake calculus and it sucks. What do derivatives have to do with me?

• Thanks for MHO

What Girls Said 1

• i don't use what i learned in school

What Guys Said 7

• To be honest, nothing. Almost everything they teach you in school won't ever apply in real life, and I'm learning that from just graduating. They don't teach you how to properly fill out a job application, a resume, how to file taxes, fill out your fafsa, rent an apt., pay rent, do home checks, properly feed yourself, and basic things you should know. They teach us stupid shit like the periodic table of elements and calculus. Nobody will really use that shit irl, so honestly nothing.

• The only thing School managed to achieve for me, Was making me Hate girls, Develop Anxiety, And be on the verge of Suicide for 2 years. So fuck school. The day i left that pile of shit was the best day of my life.

• I'm still waiting for that glorious day of departing too

• Trust me dude, Shit gets so much better once you leave that fucking place. I know teachers and stuff will say ''Enjoy your school days'' and bollocks like that, But really, Its bulshit.

Once you leave, Get a job, Start being able to do what you want when you want, Life improves dude ;), School is just a really fucking Nasty obstacle in the way of happiness.

The only people who enjoy school are people who are very smart, or very pretty.

• school... wasn't helpful anywhere in my case

• You need all of it whether or not you think you do or not.

• The writing and grammar skills are really important. History and sometimes Science if you want to be wise when voting. Simple math. Everything else is useless unless it ends up being your major in College

• Yeah school sucks. I didn't do very well due to disinterest, yet here I am doing something I actually enjoy at uni. So just stick with it and get what you need to progress.

• To be honest, all of it, if you've a brain in that skull.