Why do I keep shaking and twitching?

So I have a really bad problem shaking and twitching. My hands almost never stop moving unless I grab onto them or something. I twitch a lot. Sometimes I can sort of feel it coming on like a sneeze and like a sneeze if I hold it in it gets really uncomfortable. I used to only twitch in my face so it was easy to hide it but then my whole body would twitch from time to time and now it happens a lot. I try really hard not to do it in public but sometimes it just comes and when people ask what happens it's really embarrassing and I don't know what to say. Why does this happen? And how can I make it stop? I am a very anxious and easily stressed person tbh but I don't have an anxiety disorder or anything.

Most Helpful Guy

• when it started happenin?

What Guys Said 1

• See a doctor. At your age, it's not likely to be serious.

• Thanks for the advice

What Girls Said 3

• The shaking and twitching can be signs of something serious. You definitely need to see a doctor about this. My friend shakes and twitches on occasion. She said it's a sign of pending seizures. There are many other medical issues with those two symptoms. Shaking and twitching is from a loss of the brain's control over the central nervous system. Some medical illnesses with these symptoms include Multiple Sclerosis, Parkinson's Disease, Huntington's Disease, Tourette's Syndrome, Crest Syndrome, etc. You should not ignore your symptoms or try to guess why they are happening. Seek medical advice.

• I do that too, but intentionally. I've got ADHD

• You answered it yourself. It is due to anxiety. You should find ways to relax.