What is the minimum age to learn to drive a car in your country and what age do you think it should be?

Most Helpful Girl

• 17. I think that's a good age.

• I asked this question once about what age you think the driving age should be and got an answer from someone and I think they said 25

What Girls Said 4

• It's 16 and I think that's fine. I like the licensing system we have here. Beginners are extremely restricted in what they can do, what kind of roads they can drive on, when they can drive, # of passengers they can have, etc. That goes for any beginner though, not just 16 year olds.

• Yeah where I live it is 16 to. Firstly you have to do a theory test about the road rules before you are even aloud to get behind the wheel of a car, you are only aloud to get about 2 or 4 questions wrong in the test. You also have to have an eye sight test before getting your Learners licence to. Once you get your learners you are only aloud to drive with a person that has had their full licence for 2 years or more and that person has to sit in the front passenger seat, they are not aloud to sit in the back of the car. The next step is your restricted, you have to hold a learners licence for 6 months or more before you are even aloud to apply for your restricted

• Very similar here. When you have your first license, you need to have an experienced driver with you on all outings and they need 4+ years of driving with the regular license. Before you even get the first license, you need to get 32/40 on the multiple choice test of road rules and safety. Driving school is not obligatory but is highly recommended, and you can take your first test sooner if you pass the class.

You hold that license for one year (or 8 months if you went to school) before you can even take the test to move to level two.

Level ones are not permitted on highways or any roads where the speed limit is over 80 km/h, unless they are with a certified driving instructor for lesson purposes only.

• Oh ok interesting. We don't have that highway law here. Our learners test is multi choice to. To get your restricted licence here you have to pass a driving test, once you pass that your learners then turns into a restricted drivers licence. On a restricted you are only allowed to drive solo between the hours of 5am and 10pm. If you want to drive between 10pm and 5am you have to have a person with a full licence for more than 2 years in the car and I think they have to sit in the front passenger seat. On a restricted you are also not allowed to carry any passengers unless you have a person with a full licence for more than 2 years in the car, again I think they have to sit in the front passenger seat.

• it's 16 here. u dont drive by urself tho.
    u start on ur L's, red P's then green P's. i would have explained it if u were American but i think u know how it works lol

• When I first started reading your message I thought you where Australian. Anyway yeah I am not American. In my country the age is 16 to learn and you start on your L's and then move to your "restricted licence" before going onto your full.

• ohh ok awesome :)

• I'm not sure about all united States but it's 16 in kansas..

• Im going to start learning how to drive this summer. I'm excited.

I think it should be 14 and where I live it's 16

What Guys Said 6

• Unless its changed since I learned to drive you could get a permit at 15 and drive if your parent or guardian was in the car with you and you could get your license and drive on your own at 16.

I think that's pretty fair.

• It is 17 in Ireland.

• In Belgium it's 18. in my opinion that's about right. Maybe a tad young.

• What age do you think it should be if it was older?

• Yeah I heard about London's entry tax. It is also about cutting down pollution in the centre of London city to isn't it?

• Also about pollution, that's what Boris Johnson told, indeed

• 17 )))())))))

• at 14 you can get a driver's permit, and at 16 you get a really drivers license

• 12. Should be 19.