Are you taking advantage of the free upgrade to windows 10?

Users currentlly running/using windows 7 and windows 8 will have one year to upgrade to windows 10 for free.

• Yes I am
  • No I'm not

Most Helpful Guy

• Nope windows 7 will forever be superior to everything the produce until they go back.

• The same was true for XP at the time. And 2000 before that. And '98c before that.

• Ignoring of course the introduction of 95 coming from 3.11

• XP was great 7 is great.

8 is a tablet interface that is horrible.

I know they all start off rough in BETA releases but 8 was doomed from the start.

What Girls Said 9

• How much better is it? I think I'm only getting bugged to upgrade to 8.1 and I keep avoiding that.

• I saw a weird thing showing up on my bar. Then it read that it was a limited time offer to sign up for the new windows 10. Since it only wanted an email address I figured why not.

• that sounds interesting didn't know about that

• Quite possibly. I know quite a bit about computers. I don't know much about the newer windows 8 & up. I have Windows 8 and it took me awhile to get used to that. So I will have to see.

• I'm not a windows person

• I have windows 8, not 8.1 so I can't.

• My system is to old to update to Windows 10.

• I will eventually do it.

• Vote C: I'm not sure yet.

• Fuck you, stupid emoji. I meant 'c'. Let's see what happens now.

What Guys Said 11

• Thanks for letting me know! I had no idea...

• I've been testing Windows 10 for my pc and phone. I like it and have already signed up for both upgrades.

• I most likely will. Right now my computer using 8.1 doesn't recognize my Android phone. I'm hoping the update changes that.

• Every other update of Windows seems to suck.
    3.1 good, 95 bad.
    98 good, ME bad.
    XP good, Vista bad.
    7 good, 8 bad.

• What about Windows NT, Windows 2000.

• Both weren't really intended for home users like those other ones. That being said, I used Windows 2000 for the best part of a decade at home.

• Windows 8.1

• It's not a free upgrade. It's a one year test release. They basically want you to test their OS for free, and then charge you for it. They also want to hook people in, like a crack dealer giving out free samples. It's still the same old vulnerable Windows NT family kernel from before. They keep promising more "security" with every new Windows release, yet the Windows anti-virus industry never seems to be losing any "work". No, thanks. Windows is yesterday's OS.

• It isn't one year test release. It'll be free forever on XYZ PC until it breaks down. For another ABC PC you will have to buy Windows 10.

• But you can't have a new copy for free. You said it yourself, "until it breaks down", which is usually sooner rather than later. If they gave out a free license for free on new installs, then it might be something worthwhile. But even then, there's the issue of the spyware that's included (WAT). Still no, thanks.

• because A. nothing is free, and B. my computer can't update anymore it gets stuck and undoes any of the changes it made

• Using a Mac right now

• I am far too invested in windows 7 to update. I will update the same time I always do, when I have to get a new pc and it already has the newest. That said, it looks good.

• I like Windows. I was using Windows just 4 days ago. It crashed & now I'm using Linux Mint Rebbecca. Very satisfied with it. So probably won't get back to Windows soon. However, before switching to Linux. I already had signed up for upgrade :)

• hell no! i'm sticking to windows 7 !

• I will eventually do Windows 10