Do people from Ohio have an accent?

I currently live in Ohio (southern. bordering kentucky and west virginia) and I've never thought I had an accent

It wasn't until I met people from other states that someone told a friend of mine he had a "cute accent"

Do we even have an accent, though?

• Yes, they do
  • No, they don't

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 4

• Everyone has an accent. We naturally pick up on the speaking patterns of those around us with out even realizing it. Its just so normal to us we don't think about it.

• I presume everyone has an accent

• Some do some don't. Where were the people from that told you you had a cute accent?

• I've been to Ohio and some of them do have an accent but very mild to my ears. I live in Washington.

What Girls Said 4

• To me they don't because I live in Michigan, but we have accents according to some other people.

• Barely noticeable. Only with certain words.

• Depends who you ask. In your town, you have no accent, out of your town you have an accent. Like an English accent isn't having an accent in England, it's just their voice, but to others it's an English accent.

• Some in southern Ohio can. Also high five saaammmeee!