Ideas for places to voulenteer?

My mom won't let me spend my summer having fun so she's making me voulenteer. and ideas where I should voulenteer? have you ever voulenteered there, what was it like? I'm open to any suggestions

Most Helpful Guy

• Do you have a local hospital , ask if they let teens volunteer
    you can do things like help them get their food, or sit in their
    rooms keeping them company... You can volunteer to sit with
    a persons dog, cat take them for walk or go volunteer for local
    Food bank Pantries... Do you have a local library you can help
    them out too ,

What Guys Said 5

• I am currently volunteering at the Zoo, I love it there, the people are awesome and I love animals.

• I was a volunteer at a living history museum, you know the kind that dresses up in period costume and does old time crafts. I loved it I learned all kinds of stuff about local history, learned to shear sheep, card wool, spin and weave, learned blacksmithing, candle makeing, brick makeing, etc. Great people plus it was fun.

• Red Cross or Red Crescent

• The ymca or the local soup kitchen.

• Try at an animal shelter or local community center.

What Girls Said 4

• - Summer camps
    - Soup kitchens
    - Nursing homes
    - Animal shelters
    You could also spend your summer doing odd jobs like babysitting, walking dogs, or doing yard work for people in your neighborhood.

• Volunteer somewhere that has something to do with something you like. That way you'll at least find some enjoyment out of it.

• What sort of job would you like to get when you finish school? You could volunteer somewhere related to what you want to do.

• animal shelter