Do you think it's weird that I'm 24 and no longer talk to any friends I know from high school?

• Yes, it's weird
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

• not at all. I had friends in elementary school grades 1-8, had the same friends through high school, but they were shitty, began to smoke pot all the time, started selling drugs (or at least some of them did), all they wanted to do was smoke, and play music. Besides never inviting me out I guess because I was a stick in the mud, they never did anything that I was interested in anymore. They just became annoying to be around, and I would rather be a loner (which I am not completely anymore, but still most of the time I would say I am).

The only thing I wish was better in life right now would be to have a decent paying job so I can GTFO of this place I live, make guitars like I have made before and learn to make others, and learn how to fly airplanes. I wish I could turn those into a job.

but about the whole friends thing. It is not uncommon to completely change who your friends are along the path of life... especially if they are shitty friends.

What Guys Said 5

• I was like you when I was your age. I personally think it is a little weird when people hold onto those relationships from high school.

• Some people can be like that

• I do not know about you. But I have great friends ^^ .

• That's normal.

• The past is the past. It's normal

What Girls Said 6

• its nor weird at all. i think when you leave school you realise that some people were only your friend because you saw them 5 days a week.

when it comes to actually putting in real effort to make the friendship work, thats when it usually breaks down

• Did you go to college?

if so, no.. if not.. maybe.

• Yeah, I left my hometown and fell out of contact with all my hs friends. Now everyone's different and I'm home and have no friends to hang out with.

• If there isn't a true connection and no care in keeping contact it will collapse. Which is so common like a cold so yes. Normal.

• nah... people move, new friends, different schools/workplaces
    and sometimes paths don't cross

• Not weird I'm only in contact with 1-2 friends from high school

• I'm a college freshman and I only talk to a few high school friends