Should I move out of California?

I'm movIng from California to Houston Tx, what are the pros and cons? I really want to move ! But I want to know the good & bad.

Most Helpful Guy

• Cons:
    1) If your'e a minority then you may have problems. There's more racism in Texas, or maybe they just don't care to hide it like Californians do.
    2) Hotter than a Mother out there.
    3) Bugs.
    4) No road signs. It's not like Cali where there are signs all over that tell you where the freeways and the streets are. If you're new it may take you awhile to acclimate but then again lots of peeps nowadays have GPS so it doesn't matter.
    5) They're really conservative. You're in 'Merica now!
    6) It's flatter than a pancake out there. No hills, small shrubs till you get to the east side closer to Arkansas & Louisiana. Mesquite trees don't count as real trees.

Pros:
    1) People may be nicer. It's part of that small-town thing.
    2) Things are WAY cheaper than Cali. You can have a minimum wage job and have your own one or two bedroom apartment, maybe.
    3) More Barn Parties maybe. Remember, small towns.
    4) Easier to meet people. Remember, small towns.
    5) The Gulf has warm Caribbean water, I think. So if you like warm ocean water there you go. Cali water is cold (my preference).
    6) All I can think about is that there must be way more parties and stuff, on account of the Gulf. TX is closer to the east coast where all the kids seem to be wilder than Cali kids. We're kinda reserved in that way. Not sure why that is.
    7) Cali has a higher unemployment rate. But you're under 18 so I'm not sure how much you care about that.

What Guys Said 3

• California is really three places southern, central and northern. All are very different. So it depends on where you are moving.

• Pros: Gun laws there

Cons: It's not California.

• Houston Texas: cheaper level of living, easier going, friendlier people, more hostile people.

What Girls Said 4

• Well I'm from Texas and I love H-town! Texas is a cheap and the state in the US! ha! it's nice! :D

• Pros: No state income tax, gun laws, slightly nicer people
    Cons: Weather

• I will trade and you can live here in New England instead (:

• But... California... :'(

Houston was okay the weekend I was there. However: It's hot and really humid in Houston, which is not good to me. There can be hurricanes and possible flooding. Mosquitoes... oh how I don't miss them.

Pros:

- I believe cost of living is decent there.

- A lot of recreational activities, like water parks, hiking trails, beach nearby.

- Not all, but most of the people I encountered were friendly. The guys were like southern gentlemen.

Honestly, I love Cali. But if you can tolerate the heat, more power to ya!