Is there a reason why mosquitos bite certain people more than others?

Weird question, but I always get so many mosuito bites. My sister, brother and dad never get any and they're outside in short and short sleeve shirts more than I am.
What attracts mosquitos to certian people?
Or am I just unlucky? haha

Most Helpful Guy

• A certain scent we give off and some people give off more co2

What Guys Said 11

• Some peoples bodies are more affected by it than others I think. Bites come up more on some people than others from what I understand. I think other people still get bitten but the bites do not show as much.

• That's actually a very good question. I know a lot has to do with smell or scent or it could be something about ones blood they can sense isn't good. I know some dogs are more flea resistant than others

• I know Mosquitos are attracted to the color blue. And also what foods you eat can affect it. People who eat garlic get bitten much less

• I need to chow down :l I've probably been bitten 35 times in the last 2 weeks.

• Yeah, mosquito bites suck. It wouldn't hurt to invest in some mosquito spray though

• I presume allergic reactions.

• The taste and smell of your skin.

• Probably something about the blood. Mosquitos hate me too. I don't know why, but I am glad it is so.

• Yea only to people with a certain type of sweat. They are attracted to people based on the type of sweat or the smell of it.

• Does your sister and brother eat a lot of garlic?

• Blood type. Some types smells better to them.

• I get bit very often, because I'm so sweet :P

• Probably something in the blood. They bite me all the time, but they avoid my dad and brother.

What Girls Said 5

• I watched the news about scientist doing experiments with identical twins to figure out which the Mosquitos was more attracted to. And based on their experiment and studies, Mosquitos was attracted to one of the twin more because the other one gave off a 'repellent' odour/scent. Not because the other was more sweet.

• Some people are just more delicious.

• Bigger immune response to their nasty spit?

• If you do drugs and drink alo
    cohol they are less likely to bite you.

• mosquitoes are attracted to people who generate a lot of body heat and a lot of Co2