Did black people exist when Jesus came to earth?

If they did, were they slaves? Sorry. I just don't tember the bible mentioning them :/

Most Helpful Guy

• Not all slaves in the history of forever were black... We're talking the time of the Roman Empire here, most slaves were white or brown.

Jesus was brown.

And just because something's not in the bible doesn't mean it didn't exist, (in fact, just because something's in the bible doesn't mean it existed at all).

Not to sound too rude, but I hope this is a troll. If it isn't, I have no faith in the younger generations if their knowledge on basic history is this poor.

• I was just wondering!! Why would Jesus be on earth and just let slavery happen?

• Why only ask opinions of people who agree with you? That's not how you learn.

• Yes I know but the people who believe can probably give me a more precise answer since they read all about it

What Guys Said 13

• Wow, just Wow. Reading is fundamental ladies and gentlemen. there's actually enough evidence to reasonably argue that the original Hebrews and jesus himself were black.
    SCIENTIFIC CONSENSUS ISMODERN HUMANS OEIGINATED IN AFRICA AND WERE BLACK

• He never came so pointless question

• No, they magically appeared mounted on Unicorns couple of centuries later.

• I'm not joking! I just see that the bible doesn't mention them.

• Don't come here and shit on what I believe in. If you can't answer my question then don't even bother..

• You really think there were no black people? Do you even know that the first human appeared in Africa, and lived there for centuries? Perhaps you gotta let go of the Bible and get a science book, it's waaaay more reliable, well, it is reliable.
      Does the Bible mention Asian? Or Native Americans? C'mon, the Bible is just a book that focuses on one specific region, Jesus wasn't even white, but Arab. Were there just Arabs populating the world during that time?

• Trying to stir the pot huh?

• Black people were created specifically to vex the whites. This is more evident today than ever before.

• wow , just wow

• when jesus came to earth? where do you think jesus came from? he's not an extraterestrial.

• Yes, they existed. The slave trade went on from the 16th through to the 19th centuries, so post Jesus.

• This has got to be a joke

• Yeah they existed when jesus was born.

• haha this question is random
    But yes they probably did exist

• Pm me for a long explanation

• Yes there were black people. Yes there were slaves. Slaves come in all races. Therebare slaves today as well including the kids that get pushed into the sex trade.

What Girls Said 9

• Pick up a science book instead of relying on the Bible for that type of information. The first humans on Earth originated in Africa, and they were black.

• You shouldn't take a literal interpretation of the bible. Also I wouldn't derive my facts about history from the bible either. That's what legitimate scientific resources are for.

• The bible takes place in where people of color existed so if anything white people were mentioned intill the Romans invaded and conquor Jesus was actually a man of color... Egypt is in Africa people of color Hollywood depicted theses people of being white or Caucasian which was inaccurate. Many of the protestant religions were changed and created to "whitewash" most of the biblical characters in the bible as a result of white supremacy. Look it up my tear. Black was the original and some much of black history has been white washed and confusing teaching people falsly for years.

• Yes black people existed and most of them were not slaves.

• Yes, actually way before Jesus. Moses married a black lady from Cush, what is now known as Ethiopia. Then, in Egypt, Joseph married a girl named Asenath, she was the daughter of a priest. Also, king Solomon the Wise, was very much in love with the Queen of Sheba, an Ethiopian beauty too.
    In summary, in God's eyes we are all beautiful, that's why he created black & white people, so that we can learn to love each other as much as he loves us.

• Of course they did. The bible doesn't go into the way people looked like a lot.

• On a scale of 1-10 I give this question a solid stupid.

• Please tell me I honestly want to know because science says one thing while the bible may say another

• Israel is in North East Africa, and Africa is a predominantly black continent, so this means you had more of a chance to find black people and middle eastern people being those characters in the bible. The bible isn't even that old and it's man made, then later one it was edited by people who didn't even believe in Judaism or Christianity until it reached their countries. People from many other area's and cultures could have been taken out and the characters looks changed to suit the European standards of how the people in the bible actually looked like for all you know. Either which way to think that black people came after the bible is ridiculous. If we came after the bible, then where do you think we came from eh?

• Well this is going to be interesting

• Jesus is a human created story, but "black people" would have existed as far back as early man regardless. If there was a real person named jesus, he would have from the Arab countries and would have been dark skinned himself, so when you ask why the bible doesn't mention "black people" it was most likely because it was written by and about black people before they dealt with Europeans and lighter skinned people.

• Actually, you're wrong about the last part. Arabs aren't black, so the stories wouldn't have been written by black people, and way before the Bible was written, there was many trades between black people, Arabs, and whites, since the Roman Empire, the Mesopotamian, the Greeks, the Egyptians, the Persians... all of them "happened" before the Bible was written.
      I agree with the first part, I just wanted to clarify that last part :)

• @cjmtherfcker All that area, including all African coast on the Mediterranean, and most of Spain, was part of the Arab Empire, even though it was conquered by the Romans at that time, but still inhabited by Arabs, so yeah, I would say that those people were considered Arabs. And it's true, just because you're from Africa, doesn't mean you have to have dark skin, just look at Moroccans, they look just like Arabs.
      During the Egyptian civilization, people were mostly like Arabs today, with that type of skin color. I mean, we can't know for, but from the hieroglyphics they left behind, they always represented most of themselves with lighter skin. You can see they're not white, but they're also not as dark as an Ethiopian, and the Egyptians were the first (or second, it's debatable) civilization.

• @aledeeurope I got wiki saying the arab empire didn't come until almost 200 years after the roman empire. But yea like my friend and his family look just like the Egyptians on those hieroglyphs. like indistinguishable. and his brother was even lighter like more of a yellow color. Like you say though we will never get anything definitive. Also that northern rim of Africa like morocco and all was colonized by the goths at some point during the roman empire, then romans and then the arabs