Do you believe in a God, not interested in what God but just say why you do or dont?

Probably consider myself agnostic borderline atheist. Purely based on the fact that if a God does exist it doesn fit any of the current modern religions saying he's all loving etc just makes no sense considering how many disgusting things happen to people

Most Helpful Girl

• It you don't believe in God... that is fine. I work with an atheist and he is always making comments about how if someone believes in God they are stupid. He will get right in your face with it. I told him he is border lining on harassment. But he thinks that he has the right to question someone. Talk about an arrogant ass. But yes I believe in God... I have no doubt in my mind there is one.

• how can you have no doubt though? There must be something you believe in or has made you believe. For example I find it hard to believe as there are such things as malaria. it serves no purpose but to kill the most vulnerable? What kind of all knowing all loving god would do that. The fact he's supposedly all knowing as well so actively knew all of these disturbing things would happen is a terrifying prospect

• It is none of my business. I don't understand why you believe someone has the right to question about someone's beliefs. How did you earn that right?

• Rights are not earned, they are inherent.

What Girls Said 2

• Yeah because I feel His presence and because He protects me 24 hours a day.

• ok and what about all the millions of starving children? or Children born deformed in constant pain? how do you justify that? I mention children because they can't have done anything wrong to 'deserve' it not that any human being should suffer so poorly but how does an all protecting God protect these? Or is the God discriminatory?

• "Whoever will not take up his cross daily and come after me is not worth of me."
      "If anybody follows after me and does not hate his father, his mother, his children and even his own life, he cannot be my disciple."
      "so you cannot be my disciple who does not give up everything he has."
      "we are through many tribulations entering into the kingdom of God."

• ok and how about the babies born in constant pain? they haven't had a chance to 'earn' Gods love? Why make them suffer. Also quoting the bible is ridiculous 85% is completely fictional and is meant to teach lessons not to be taken directly and considering it's very old a lot of it must be questioned on it's authenticity

• yes i do because i have faith that there is a higher beam who has helped through what i have gone through in the past 9 years and don't say a child my age can't go through tough times cuz u don't know what i have gone through and still going through

• ok fair enough. However, why put you through any tough times at all? He's meant to be all loving?

• But at least unicorns dont cause unnecessary suffering of the most vulnerable

• like i said i can't change what u believe in its ur choice okay

What Guys Said 4

• i don't believe in god. But I see why other people would want to. Indeed, it is understanding that desire that nullifies it for me.

It's sort of like seeing a flashlight for the first time and believing them to be magic, until you understand how they work. You can still understand why those who haven't bothered to learn would think they are magic, but your ability to go back to believing it magic is forever ruined.

• I believe there could very well be a God for all we know, but we'll never know for certain. Regardless, if there is a God he certainly isn't one worth worshipping. And in the end, if there is or isn't a God it's not gonna change the way life works. People'll live and die just like they always have, so what's the point?

• I believe in SOMEthing, though I often question whether it's actually sentient. Science may one day be able to explain it or not. At the moment I know there's something going on that's beyond our understanding.

• Yes! No doubt!!

• then I do not think I want to believe in a God as cruel as that. Do you need bad to appreciate good? probably. Does that justify children being massacred? Absolutely not. Gos if there is God is probably more like what the romans or greeks depicted. Manny, selfish and out of control. If that's the kind you want to worship then ok but to me it goes against every good bone in my body

• Remember the people being killed isn't being controlled by God.
      THey chose a different path. IN fact no one is being controlled... and God doesn't want everyone dead...
      BUt man i can't really force you to believe in God... i just believe in a God that has been good to me... and i am trying to give back to others...

All i can do is try to show that i try to be good... But some times things should rather go un answered.

BUt dude you can't really asks us why God does something...

I dont know and will never know...
      NOt really the plac where you will find an accurate answer.