How many of you still own and play the 7th/previous generation video game consoles?

As a guy who currently owns a PS4, I still own my Xbox 360 and still occasionally play it just because I still enjoy playing games (that I couldn't play on the PS4) such as Assassin's Creed Ezio Trilogy, Skyrim, Halo Reach and Fallout 3 and New Vegas.

The PS4 may have the PS Now so you will be able to play PS1, PS2 and PS3 games through stream but even then, they don't have many games from the PS3(as of right now) that I care for and plus you can't even permanently keep any of the stream games on your PSN account on PS4 since there's no unlimited option for a single game (not the whole entire PS Now library since that would sound very expensive as hell).

• I do. I still play my Xbox 360/PS3 since there are little to no backwards compatibility for the Xbox One and PS4(aside from PS Now).
  • I don't. I don't care for the previous generation console and games anymore.

Most Helpful Guy

• Are you kidding? I still own an Atari 2600, Turbografx16 and SNES. Can't find my Sega Genesis, but it could still be around. My first new console was N64 but I didn't like it. I gave it away to poor kids. I collect vintage systems. My last acquisition is a Sega Master System. I have dabbled in newer games since the PS2, and they look like the same gameplay as the N64, just "better" graphics that still look fake as hell. I will get more interested in console games when the controls evolve. Things like Oculus Rift and the steam controller look interesting, but time will tell.

What Girls Said 4

• Game boy, PSP, Wii, PS1 and PS2. PS3, Xbox 360 and a several different type of DS - DSI XL, 3DS, DS, DSI

• My brother has the Gamecube, Wii, Nintendo 64, and a 360. He doesn't play on them all much anymore (he has a 2DS now and loves handheld stuff) except for the Wii. But when we were younger, my favorite was the N64, and paper mario. I think the older games were more fun to play, because they weren't as serious, but you still needed skill to win.

• I still play my Xbox 360. Works fine for me.

• I wouldn't care, only exception to this is PS2 and the original SSX tricky 👌

What Guys Said 11

• I still have my PS2, Wii and Gamecube. I used to have a Xbox 360(two of them to exact), but those damn red rings of death appeared and destroyed both of them. After the 2nd one died I gave up on the 360 and now I'm just going to get the Xbox One or PS4.

I am going to miss playing Fallout 3 and New Vegas though. :(

• You can always get the PS3 console to play the Fallout games so you don't have to worry about your PS3 console breaking down. However, my Xbox 360 console only broke once from the 3 red rings of death. It survived on me for all these 8 years of me owning the same Xbox 360 console.

• Now I never considered about getting the PS3. I've been pro Xbox 360 since day 1, that I completely forgot about the PS3.

I'm definitely going to have to consider getting the PS3, because Fallout is a wonderful series.

• Not being backwards compatible sucks! I mean, it is fine and all in the end, but now I have to have both there and switch out cables...

• I don't have a job, so can't afford the one. I still play the 360 religiously.

• I had to sell mine to get my Xbox One...

• Hey does that mean we can download ps2 games to the new ps consoles? Because I really miss some ps2 games that they won't make for the newer ones

• Not necessarily download them but play PS2 games through stream (although Sony hasn't released any PS2 games yet on the PS Now). Unfortunately, you can't permanently keep any of the PS Now games onto your PSN account on PS4.

• game disks are getting older every minute, and might not function well later on... that's why downloading would be a good improvement

• what generation is a psp?

• I have a PS3, but my friend has it because I don't play it anymore.

• I have a ton of great games on my PS3 so it's hard not to go back and forth.

• If only Sony can release a future online update for the PS4 that gives the consoles the ability to play PS3 games on disc.

• I heard that the reason why Sony got rid of the PS2 backwards compatibility on the later PS3 models was so that they can reduce their console price to sell more units.

• That is what I heard to. I do find it a little hard to believe one chipset was enough to shift the manufacturing cost that much but then again all depends on the manufacturer. Hopefully with the PS4's expanded capabilities it will just be via software emulation.

• Come on man I still play Dream cast, the classics can't be beat

• The only consoles I own are an N64 and a Wii.

*sigh*

• I still own my Wii, 64, and Genesis but don't play them. I play the Wii U. I'm a Nintendo fan, not a sony or Microsoft person