Being scared at night?

I have been having a lot of very scary dreams lately... and my sister goes to bed early and my parents return very late at night... so I'm really scared to do anything at night >< when I'm washing my face I feel like someone is going to attack me from behind or... this is really stupid but I'm afraid of my own reflection! what should I do to be less afraid and have less nightmares? and I'm also afraid of putting my face outside the covers... but it's really difficult to breath.

Most Helpful Girl

• F. E. A. R.=False Expectations Appearing Real

Remember that. The odds of something happening are slim to none. If you fear the possibility of someone coming into your home and harming you, take some measures to decrease the odds of this fear. Double check locks on doors and windows. Have an escape plan in place. Know where to hide and how to react in different situations. Recognize what could be used as a weapon and how, while keeping a specific weapon (hidden) near your reach during the night. Learn some self-defense techniques.

If you fear spirits and such, you have control. It is debatable whether they are real or not. Everyone has their own opinion on the subject. I happen to believe. YOU control what happens to you and in your home. If you are a religious person, ask your god for protection. You have the authority to tell spirits that they are not welcome in your home and near you. Prayer will also help. Do not speak to the dead of loved ones. A friend of mine used to "talk" to her deceased dad. Her mom always warned her against doing such. She said that it opens doors and they get confused and want to reach out. One night during her "talk", something attacked her. She felt like someone was sitting on her chest. She couldn't breathe; she couldn't speak; she couldn't move. Nothing. Her body was pushed further into the bed. It eventually let up and she screamed for her mom who was staying with her for a while. The first thing her mom said was, "I told you so". She never "talked" to her dad again. She had her house blessed and she "uninvited" her "guest". Nothing else happened again. Just know that YOU have the control over what happens to you. Don't let fear control you. That's a negative energy that can also be inviting. Take your life back and keep it.

• thanks but after reading your friend's story I got really scared! haha

• I'm sorry! It was not my intention. It was to be an example. I have know about it for years and nothing has ever happened to me. You will be fine.

• haha ok. Thank you~!!!

What Guys Said 3

• Plug a 5 watt night light in a wall outlet:

www.homedepot.com/.../...886d-18f6e69f7d89_400.jpg

Modern ones switch themselves on automatically when it gets dark, switch off when there's another light.

• Sounds like a general anxiety disorder combined with the flood of hormones that come at your age.

• How old are you

• I'm 16... sorry if you thought I was an 11 year old girl

What Girls Said 2

• Ask God to drive them away. Ask Jesus or Vishnu or Bhudda or Allah - whoever you worship - Ask your God to drive them away.

• I know what you mean! I get paranoid after having nightmares just like you. Just don't be afraid because you attract any energy you emit back to you. If you can visualize that, that helps me get over it. Mind over matter.