Do you think America has its own culture?

I live in North America, and I feel like the reason why I still don't consider it home is because Canada doesn't seem to have its own culture in my opinion. I feel like it's advertising international people to bring their cultures in the country, but when you go to Canada, you don't really end up experiencing what's Canada's culture, rather than other peoples' cultures. Like I'm glad that there's different people with different cultures because I certainly learned a lot from them, but at the same time I feel like I'm living in some land with different people combined without understanding about the land as an individual if that makes sense. What are your opinions?

Most Helpful Guy

• It always did. It did when I was growing up. But it's pretty much being destroyed by illegal aliens and others who will live off the government, but will not assimilate into her culture.

• what do you mean? Can you tell me a bit about the Canadian culture?

• Canada? I don't know anything about Canada or it's culture. Your question was about American culture. ?

• Maybe I misunderstood.

What Guys Said 7

• It does though. It's part of Canadian culture to know some French as well as English , freeze your arse off, worship ice hockey, like crap beer, eat maple syrup and say "ay" at the end of sentences.

• lol I suppose you're right :) Though personally I haven;t met many people who completely embrace these stuff. I'm not saying that they don't like it, I just haven't seen too many people doing those. Though on hockey and the freezing part I agree :D I'm not into hockey, but I know a lot of Canadians who are. And I think living in Canada for 7 years has made me get used to the cold to the point where I don't feel it as much as my parents anymore.

• Well there you go. You are sort of integrated into their culture.
      North america is full of culture. It's all around.

• i always thought Canada and US have almost similar cultures.. no?

• yea, but I still don't understand their culture. Like I feel like they just accept others' cultures without inventing their own culture

• Yes. Being Arrogant.

• Yaa it should be red indian culture

• You mean the indeginous culture? I learned about their history, but can you tell my about their culture in this contemporary setting?

• I don't know about there culture

• I think America and Canada have culture. Just go to towns where the majority are white people...

• 0|0
  • Gun toting rednecks and terrible foreign policy, 'MERICA, FUCK YEAH! That's the culture.

What Girls Said 3

• As a Canadian, I'm offended. Inclusivity and respect are a major part of our culture. If you ask Americans about certain Canadian things, they'll have no idea what you're talking about. We do have a culture, but it is incredibly varied.

• yea but accepting others' cultures is different than having a culture of your own. That's what I mean. I'm sorry for offending you. I think Canada is a great place to live, but I can't see Canada as home if I don't understand about Canada's culture

• You don't feel at home because you don't want to. If you hate it so much, fucking leave.

• No, you jerk. I don't feel at home because I don't Understand its culture. I came from a very traditional, and cultural country. We have specific type of musicians, food, dances, art, literature. I've lived in Canada for 7 years and I still don't get what it's culture is. Just because I don't understand its culture, it doesn't mean I Hate it you jerk. I think there's a lot of good in here that other countries could learn from. I think it's a safer country and many people are nice (unlike you). Just because I don't understand its culture doesn't mean I'm a bad person. I was asking you to tell me, yet instead of being the bigger person, you decide to be rude. so goodbye since there's no point of having a decent conversation with someone like you.

• Of course I do. But we have many sub-cultures embedded within it.

• It is obvious that it does.