What do you think of this "trend" of growing armpit hair for girls?

I had no idea it was a trend. I just thought it was another nonsense act of Miley Cyrus. But now I read that it is a "trend" and not just any trend, but a "feminist" trend. Sigh... here it goes.

What exactly is the point of this? To show "equality" ? Are you incredibly effin kidding me? This is terrible. Girls trying to be like guys so they can be seen the same? To showcase that girls will rebel against what society or tradition has told them to do simply because they are females. Lets flip this~So if guys wanted equality, in girls' perspectives, he would have to be clean shaven, thorough? no hair nada? except on their head?

I seriously don't understand some of womens' perspectives on this whole equality shit. So if you want to grow your armpit hair to show that you can do it too because "we are all equal," what if you had to start lifting a couple of heavy things at the same amount and at the same time as a guy? what if the guy handed you the bill on the first date or most dates? Wahhhh oh I'm sorry that doesn't count? cause its not chivalry?

Women are incredibly ENTITLED stupid creatures full of egos. As a woman, I don't give a shit if I am not supporting these pointless moves of women equality, because why should I? There are certain subjects and areas where equality needs to exit such as the wage gap but stupidity nonsense like this armpit hair crap? Nooo. You're not proving your point, sorry.

Here's the thing, women and men forget to embrace themselves as the gender they are. Women forget to embrace our feminity and not trash it or else that allows men to trash it too. Same goes for men. But its the whole "feminism" movement that drives me nuts sometimes from most females. At the end of the day, I would like to not shave my hairs either and save time but I embrace the fact that I am a beautiful female, we were given a certain gift to use. People especially today's young generation get so offended easily. If a guy said "um it would be nice if you came out with clean armpits you know just to look nice?" the girl would be like "why? cause I'm a girl?" ughh yes cause you're a girl and deal with it.

Most Helpful Guy

• I think it is totally sexy when women don’t shave at all but not because of some political stand. I feel this way instinctually. In my bones, I am attracted to women who look natural---no makeup , depilation, fake nails, hair extensions, plastic surgery, etc. Just be healthy and clean. Simple. But your question goes far beyond mere style.

Like you, I have more than one issue with feminism. You have women like Grace Atkinson saying that 'Feminism is the theory; lesbianism is the practice.” Or Sally Miller Gearhart who thinks that “The proportion of men must be reduced to and maintained at approximately 10% of the human race." This fanatical fringe element accounts for most of the ideological problems with the movement.

The average woman does not want to act like a man. Nor is she deluded in thinking that all of her capacities are exactly equal to a man’s. She just wants to have the same opportunities and privileges and to play an equal role in deciding our fate as a society and a species. And I think that is fair.

It is fine for women to look quite different from men. I just wish they could be liberated from the oppressive standards set for them by the cosmetic and fashion industries who have manipulated the female image for profit. Not every woman is cut out to look like a child doll and why should they have to?

What Guys Said 15

• don't care as long as they don't expect me to date them

• I think it's fine like i said many times, i am all cool
    with females having hair especially on their Gina :D

• While I think it looks terrible, if it acts as a sign for the kind of women I would like to avoid, I'm all for it.

• I don't understand this whole thing of lets do this or that to be different. When in reality that they are just following the crowd again. I respect women and these types of movements do nothing for me.

• I wouldn't date a girl like that, I shave and primp, I expect her to do the same!

• All of the girls I know that are interested in this are dirty slags or just straight crazy, I have yet to meet any normal or decent girl who has any interest in such things. I don't care much for the practice, but at the same time nothing surprises me anymore.

I agree with you on almost everything you have said.

• It is their body and if they want to shave trim or keep any part of their body hairy they have th right to. Armpit hair on a woman does not bother me.

• I haven't heard of this. I can't stand feminists, but I LOVE hairy women!

• Hmmmm perhaps a new grooming service idea... meh!

• Just another group of women I'd never go after.

• Would prefer legs to be at least buzzed. Other besides that, don't care.

• wouldn't bother me as long it wasn't bearded length

• I prefer girls who shave, but in all fairness, shaving as something feminine is a relatively new and changeable thing. It seems strange to us, but my grandmother and girls her generation didn't shave in their youth and it was completely normal. No one thought it was disgusting. Then it became this feminine thing to shave your legs and armpits. No it's slowly becoming a non-gender thing, as more and more guys are starting to shave their legs and other body parts. So it's a cultural phase, not something static and not something inherently feminine, although we perceive it as such. There was a time were guys wore heels and today it seems ridiculous to us.

I don't think you should get so upset about what others are doing with their bodies. It doesn't really have anything to do with you. Just shave, and be happy :)

• I think they do it because it looks very womanly... I like it when women have a full bush and hairy armpits, it's the biggest turn on for me.

• Classis case of "Male-going-on-a-female-account-to-avoid-being-called-sexist syndrome"

What Girls Said 9

• There's no use in upsetting yourself over this. Women have always had the choice to shave their armpits or not. I don't see how not shaving makes you somehow equal either but I think that's the point you are missing. It's not about telling women they can't or shouldn't shave. It's about saying it's a choice. Nobody should be forced to be a certain way by default just because they are male or female. I personally shave because it makes me feel clean and I actually care about attracting guys cause I know most will be turned off by it but not everybody should have to conform to my ideas. So this has nothing to do with equality. It has to do with freedom. Hating on your own gender calling women stupid creatures is quite hypocritical cause you are a woman too and expecting everyone to be like you is actually more egotistical than anything else.

• Nah. Not saying women should be more like me, you made that up. Second, just cause I'm also female automatically makes it hypocritical? No.

I understand what you mean by it's a choice. I'm just waiting for someone to enlighten me about why this is a good movement for feminism and no one has done it so far. Everyone is saying something I've already heard or I knew they would say. There's been many times my boyfriend or mom has caught me with hairy legs or armpits and I don't care because well one, I'm too lazy to shave and two, what's the problem? cause I'm a girl and need to be shaved all the time? Is that what these women are trying to state? Well it certainly doesn't help the wage gap I'll them that.

I care about these socio issues thats why I get upset about it, thats just me. But even more this time because it's women and I'm a woman and they're making me feel embarrassed. Women make really poor choices on a daily basis and this is just the cherry on top.

• Well then maybe I should have said most women specifically involved in this movement are stupid creatures so typo. Everyone makes a typo once in a while.

You just don't get it. I can care less about people doing "different" things for their own happiness regarding this post. This post is about feminism and the things women do for the social movement.

You along with other girls here are confusing my point on this post with individualism. As I said I care about these social issues, it's just in me so if I want to talk about individualism because I have my opinions on that too, then I'll write a different post about it. When you say how I can't accept other women shaving or doing other things, yeah I can't accept it TO PROMOTE THAT MOVEMENT. There's other reasonable ways to do it.

• So just to clarify things about being "different" even though like I said I'd write another post about it if I felt like it, I believe in the genuinity of some people who dye their hair, get tattoos, etc for their own happiness and not to "fit in." But believe it or not, sorry to burst your bubble, but there are millions of followers out there and don't realize or do realize that they are doing such things to come off as "different" when really their true motive is to fit in with the rest.

Being "different" is a huge trend in our generation today yet it means something else than what it should mean. Its a trend meaning, followers are going to want to follow that trend to fit in. The whole thing is defeating the purpose. It's sad but I mean there's some people who can think outside the box and realize this, and then there's not and I can't really get along with the ones who can't think outside of the box. Then again, it takes time too so I guess there's still hope.

• @if guys wanted equality, in girls' perspectives, he would have to be clean shaven, thorough? no hair nada? except on their head? >>>>>yup that's perfect!

You DO realize women grow hair under arms just as ';naturally' as guys. what exactly are you embracing about being a 'woman' pretending its somehow natural to not have something you naturally have?

i dont like body hair on anyone. but i recognize its no less 'natural' on women than men. what is there to embrace about shaving. its artificial. i do it. but i dont think im embracing woman hood by doing it. im embracing cleanliness and a clean look / feel.

• If a guy said "um it would be nice if you came out with clean armpits you know just to look nice?"
      same goes for m, en.

you think being a man means being dirty? why do you think its cool for guys to have dirty hair arm pits. how clean are you giving to be hanging off that?

• Yeah but doing things that men do like not shaving their pits is honestly not proving anything for feminism lol its entertaining but sad to think that girls who can't think for themselves and easily get brainwashed will start doing this to prove a point when really they're trashing their own gender by saying "shaving is not okay" or "being treated by a gentleman is okay and I refuse to let someone else pay for me." Please, thats their egos talking. It's about staying humble and embracing what you were given to work with.

How in the world is growing your pits showing you deserve to get paid as much as men get paid in the same field? What is your point? lol that you can be just as "manly" as them? What about being feminine? Whats wrong with being feminine? You're defeating the purpose of equality by giving all the credit to being male and not female my dear.

• I get what you're saying that no one should do something just cause its society's standards, yeah thats just as bullshit as this movement. But that is not the point. The point is if a guy really wants to be with you, he will be happy to pay for you on a date, its nice, thanks I appreciate it. Or he wants to open the door for her, thank you. Yeah girls are welcomed to open door as well, like you said its humane to do, to respect each other all as one, not one more than the other.

But the point here is doing things that men do does not justify for equality.

• Why does what a woman chooses to do with her armpits affect you so deeply? Women naturally come with hair, so I don't see anything wrong with it.

• Um because I'm a woman too and aren't we all supposed to stick together?

I don't see anything wrong with shaving either tho. What's wrong with shaving our hairs? Oh because we need to be more like guys now to be considered as equal? Are you kidding me? It's nonsense. There are many more ways to show we deserve the same respect. What you and other girls are doing is giving credit to males and downgrading women.

There's a difference between individuality and this whole feminist movement. If you as a girl wants to grow your armpit hairs for your own being then go ahead. But if you're doing to gain respect as a woman? That's where I disagree and think you should think of another reasonable way of doing it.

• I have had several all-natural girlfriends, who never shaved anywhere. That's just the way I prefer it, and always have. The more natural a woman is, the more beautiful she is, to me. Thanks, by the way...

• But, never did I ever see anyone look at them funny in public or say anything. Not even once in my experience. Over many years.

• "What do you think of this "trend" of growing armpit hair for girls?" It's not a new trend. Women have been growing armpit hair for hundreds of generations. It's only a new trend that women stop shaving it; and even the trend that women start shaving their armpits only came about less than 100 years ago when men went to war & razor companies wanted $$$ so they focused on demonizing female body hair so that they could get female customers because men were at war.

"Girls trying to be like guys so they can be seen the same?" Growing armpit hair is not "trying to be like guys." It's "trying to be like a human", if anything. Both girls and guys grow armpit hair.

• "Women are incredibly ENTITLED stupid creatures full of egos."

Woah simmer down there

If a chick doesn't want to shave thats her bussiness. Is it hurting you?

• I think they should at least make sure the hair on their downstairs pubes and their head match. I wouldn't do something like this, but they can do what they want. I just hope they don't expect me to puke because pit hair weather it be on man or woman is... gross...

• I am repulsed by armpit hair I wish everyone shaved or waxed it away

• Some girls dye it too loool.

• I'm a feminist.. But it's so grosss -ewwwww-
    I'll never do it- yuck-