How smarter your phone the dumber you are/become, true or false?

• yes
  • no
  • otherr

Most Helpful Girl

• iv heard this one before. i dont necessarily think it's dumber, i think it's lazier. u begin to become dependent on smart phones or tech in general for everything, even entertainment.

What Girls Said 6

• I don't think so. I can let the phone remember things like ordering refills or special events that require my formal acknowledgement so I can focus more on things in the now. It's kind of like asking if people with personal assistants are dumber because they delegate.

• They only allow you to easily access information. They do not increase or decrease your intelligence from merely owning one. They have the ability to help you increase your knowledge, or increase the amount of bullshit you believe depending on how you use that power.

• Depends what you call dummer. I used to know all adresses and phone numbers by heart. Since I have a smart phone, I don't anymore. Is that dummer? On the other hand you have to be clever enough to use it, change settings and look things up. So its different. But it is true people rely too much on it nowadays. Even when walking in nature, they assume you just call for aid if you are in trouble, because they assume you have a signal everywhere.

• It's not like the olden days when you had to remember phone numbers or write them in a little book.

• when my phone breaks and i have a emergency I have a problem because I don;t know any phone number except my own

• Same here except for those who have maintained the same phone number since the prehistoric age of simple housephones.

• Totally false.

• so they make you smarter?

• It depends on how people use their phones mostly. If its put to good use, I don't see why not?

• Not necessarily, it depends how you use them

What Guys Said 8

• What possible relationship between smart phone functionality and intelligence quotient would there be?

• That depends on the way you use it. I use my smartphone the way I used an old 80286 computer.

• It is a tool, depending on HOW you use it.
    weather if you use it to let you think and work better thus produce MORE with the SAME effort.
    Or be lazy and produce the SAME with LESS effort.

• Absolutely false

• why absolutely false?

• I use my phone for convenient purposes and nothing more. It doesn't make me dumber or smarter and it's totally dependant upon the user any how

• The smarter the phone, the Lazier you become

• We're both gettin dum😎

• No, they are a source of information.

• No my smartphone makes me smarter