Is there such a thing as a pure race?

please explain

• yes
  • no

Most Helpful Guy

• if you mean no mix, then yep.

• what do you mean?

• no i am half and half but not even Asians can tell from my appearance. just goes to show that there are a lot of eurasian-looking people in japan who don't have any known non-japanese ancestors.

some people who insist on the existance of a pure race (because they want to believe there was never any mixture in their ancestry) want to pat me on the head and tell me i have a complex because i am mixed race

• i have not seen your face yet so i wouldn't be ale to tell anyways, but yeah that's true.

nah don't even worry about it, they're cray cray, not you lol.

What Guys Said 19

• I believe almost everyone is mixed race of some various percentage (except for those who live in isolation and inbreed).

For genetic reasons, for survival of the human race, some ethnic mixing is good.

• Well I hope not in the meaning of "superior"... let's say that to me all races are pure.
    And here on GAG I have friends from all races, giving me a good feeling :-)

• Oh, seeing your discussion with Klaatu51 I now understand what you mean!
      Yeah it's as good as impossible to know if there are any influences from abroad... your grandpa could have had a mother from Korea for example and most probably no one would notice it when looking at you :-)
      Oh my goodness I thing my Chimp avatar just made love with a gorilla... their kids will be chimpzilla's 8)

• I think that some tribes of South America and Africa have not interbred with any other race outside their own lands. They have rarely encountered anyone from outside. Their culture is untainted by any outside influences.

The rest of the world is like having many tins of paint and slowly mixing them in a bath tub. Eventually we will all be the same colour and have similar cultures.

Sad day when this process is completed!!

• And isn't it funny that even though sameness is the end result they call it "diversity" - do they know the meaning of the word?

• Very good point!! And well put!!

• Depends on the definition of race.
    There are human races (and sub races) that's for sure, otherwise there wouldn't be evolution, that is just biology. Human skeletons from different ethnicities have different features.

A pure race can be any race, provided they don't crossbreed with other races.
    The Japanese secluded themselves from the rest of the world for 200 years, and I'd consider this people a pure race therefore.

A sub race among caucasians would be the Slavs, or Aryans. ( there are also blond and blue eyes Slavs)

• in the case of japan, think about all the different racetypes that came into japan and mixed with the aboriginals before they decided to close the borders

• interesting example hmmm

• pure race = both white parents for example?

• but can they say there was never any mixing in their ancestry? just physical traits?

• of course there's been mixing, do you seriously think that in the last 200,000 years nobody has every fucked anyone from another race? Besides, 'race' doesn't even exist, we're all member of the same species so we have the same genetic makeup.

• I think the concept of races is valid but it doesn't have clearly defined boundaries. I've given it a lot of thought but there's too much to list here.

• Of course. As long as everyone sticks to his race.
    Asians with Asians
    Blacks with blacks
    Red people/Native Americans with Red people/Native Americans
    Whites with whites.
    Unfortunately in western countries the media, schools and all this cultural marxism brainwashing about anti racism and political correctness will say that being white and love your people is ''racist'' and you should be ashamed about it.
    They never promote anti racism in black countries or in Asian countries. They system promotes all this crap along with forced 3rd immigration to white countries ONLY.

• so, people who physically look Asian = pure asian?

• you are refusing to believe reality. you also can't support your claims. you just want to insist that it must be a certain way when you don't know everyone in the world.

• don't you know that throughout history biracial people have sucessfully passed as one of their races? research it if you don't want to listen to me. no matter what country i go to people assume i'm just japanese and here in japan i can't get a role as a white or mixed girl. ask my agent.

• The purest races are obscure places. Ireland for example. I watched a documentary about people in Northfolk. Dispute being invaded by the Saxons, the Normans a day the Vikings their gyene pool was pure.

• Most likely not, due to the fact that many people travelled in the past.

• No, i don't think there will ever be

• Yes, the human race is completely pure.

• but we have neanderthal influence

• some more than others

• @QA - did you know that the existence of the Neanderthal has never actually been proven? Along with the theory of evolution? Two scientists who first found the body of the supposed Neanderthal said that it was the body of a man with severe arthritis. The pictures you see of the Neanderthal, just like dinosaurs, are obviously a figure of imagination. Later on Darwinists used the Neanderthal to "prove" the theory of evolution, but they actually had no proof that they were much different to modern humans. Also, in Illinois I think (although I'm not 100% sure) a body was found deep underground in some coal that dated between 280-320 million years old, and it was the same as the skeleton of a "modern" human.

• I think so but it would require inbreeding to keep it going

• Most indigenous tribes don't exit their relative areas or mate outside of their indigenous tribes.

• If it does its screwed cause the only way to remain pure is through inbreeding and does'ent lead to very good results.

• There is no such thing as pure race.

• I know what u mean and yes there are such people

• "Pure Race is relative"

• A lot of people have no mixed blood for hundreds or thousands of years. With billions of people on the planet and hundreds of millions of the same, there won't be inbreed problems, that is just nonsense said by someone who wants otherwise. I have had my DNA tested as part of researching ancestory. I am European, plain and simple.

• Not at all. Race classifications were made up to give power to some races and to oppress other races . Why do you think there's no laws requiring people to get DNA tests? Because if people found out they were all the same, or not the "pure" bred they thought they were, the powers that be wouldn't be able to use race to gain power.

What Girls Said 15

• Yes, the human race. A species of people all descendant from the first homo sapiens from Africa. We never bred with wolves or donkeys, so we're pure.

If you're getting super technical though, maybe not, because some groups of homo sapiens bred with neanderthals. So, some of us are a mix of different species.

• A 'pure' race would mean that this population would be genetically homogeneous and every race in the world today is genetically heterogeneous. We all descent from the same common ancestor and throughout the years our population has adapted to different environments (explaining the differences in skin, hair and eye colour) and has also intermixed.

• Well there was in the past infamously known as the Aryan race

• Well, if you have lived in Asia, you will see that it is not like Europe or the US. Everyone is Asian.

• i do live in asia and what do you mean? there is a lot of racial mixing here in asia and i'm not talking about recent times

• the term Asian, like caucasian and African refers to a LOT of different racetypes and they have been mixing since the dawn of time. yes i live in the orient.

• I meant it in the racial sense not in the national sense

• i don't think so tbh

• Some are, like the ethnicities that live in remote and isolated areas and have had little interference from others, like some tribes in Africa and Southern American. A lot of Eastern Asians too only have mongoloid DNA.

• there are a lot of different types of mongoloid dna. for example the aboriginals in australia and new zealand are classified as mongoloid.

• Yeah I know lol was just using that as an example.

• No, I don't think there is it's a rather stupid thing for there to be a pure race without inbreeding going on.

• I don't think anyone is really pure, perhaps Asians but when it comes to korea (I have only reaserched about this country) there was probably mixing with the Japanese invading them and Korean women being sold of into yuan (china). So if you mean "pure race" yes but if you mean like someone being "pure German, Irish, Korean" then no most likely not.

• how are Asians pure?

• By staying inside their race for many generations. If your talking about the majority that live in east Asian countries. I never said that it was exact, I said perhaps and that I don't think that anyone is really pure.

• There is no pure race. It's either parents of the same race (black with black, white with white and so) or mixed.

• Hitler thought so, and many other people groups still do. The questions : is that good for mankind. ?

• Not sure that is even possible.

• People who live in villages in Africa for example will be a pure race because they've never bred with others outside the village. So yeah I think there is such thing as a pure race

• If you go back far enough in history, everyone is mixed

• There was one once, supposedly.

• No I don't think so.