What would you guys get as a tattoo that means something to you?

im a girl obviously and im getting a tattoo on my forearm but im not too sure what to get.

Most Helpful Guy

• If I were you, I'd wait till your question little older. I didn't get my first tattoo until I was 20. If I had gotten it at even 18 I probably would have gotten something for the wrong reasons. Of course people mature at different ages, just make sure you've given it a lot of serious thought. Depending on what type of job you want to get into, a visible tattoo might not be in your best interest. Both of mine can be hidden, and even though I like sleeves, I'm glad I didn't get one. I know you've probably heard all this, and I'm not trying to tell you not to get one. It's just important to make informed decisions and consider all the possible ramifications when doing anything that has permanent, lasting effects.

• Actually i became a few steps ahead. Im a highscool/ college student but im also a part time worker as a medical examiner. The head chief said it was fine as long as it is small.

What Guys Said 4

• i'd get a tattoo of GAG's logo i guess... so much time spent here LOL

• I'd get myself a feather

• Tattoos of any kind are gross, don't get any one please you will regret afterwards

• don't get a tattoo, please. It looks trashy no matter what you get, and I almost guarantee you you'll regret it when you get older.

What Girls Said 6

• I don't know, get a quote or a saying, or someones name that you love (like a family member).
    it should kinda be something that you think of on your own, so then it's extra special and somewhat original lol. i just got my first tattoo a few weeks ago.
    it's a cupcake and it says "the little things make life sweet"
    i knew i wanted a tattoo of a cupcake because i love cupcakes, i always have for the longest time. everyone knows that about me haha. and i also love to bake. for me it's a stress reliever and it makes me happy. it's a part of me, i'll always love to bake and cook.
    and the cupcake is cute as fuck! the whole tattoo is just cute, i love the way it looks.
    and of course, the little things make life sweet. i've always felt that way, and it's just a part of my personality. i really cherish the little things in life.
    (and cupcakes are little so it also makes sense) ^_^
    for me this tattoo has a lot of meaning, and i love the way it looks. i pretty much thought of it by myself so it makes it extra special!

• find something that you won't mind having for the rest of your life.
    something that you aren't going to be ashamed of and regret later.
    tattoos are a great form of expression. just gotta put a lot of though into it :)
    i have a couple, they all mean something to me. but of course my ideas will be completely different than y ours.

• I'm getting a tattoo of an infinity sign with love on one side and family on the other surrounded by feathers with my two sisters on my ankle

I want to get a black feather turning into 5 birds with a backsplash of water colors to represent the journey I've made as a person so far in life from something so small to who I am today, how my 5 older siblings helped me through that journey, and the color is because 1. I like color and 2. No matter how dark things get, there will always be a bright or colorful side and I want that under my left breast with the birds going towards my back

And then I want to get a Mandala type design on my shoulder blade with "Life is a Labyrinth" written in the center of it because I believe that in order to find inner peace you must accept the fact that life is a maze and instead of trying to find the end of the maze, you just enjoy getting turned around :)

• All my current tattoos have meaning. My next tattoo is going to be a phoenix holding the autoimmune disease ribbon.

• One word: Hate, on my wrist. To represent the hatred i feel for myself, everyone else and this world.

• Yes I would. I want a butterfly on my wrist. It will represent freedom.