When I smoke weed im emotionally numb, does anyone else experience this too?

When im not under the influence i am a very sensitive emotional person, but when i smoke weed i have nothing but good vibes. Like if somone called me ugly or stupid while i was sober i would be very hurt because all my life people have called me stupid and ugly even though im on the A honor roll and people call me pretty all the time, i would usually cry over the harsh opinions of others regarding myself, however if someone called me stipid or ugly while i was high i wouldn't give a shit, i genuinely wouldn't care, at all, its like weed allows me to deflect anything negative force that trys to hurt me. I also become bolder and fearless when im high so im more likely to argue with someone which is weird because when im sober i never really argue with anyone because i hate arguments, i rather just surrender to you and let you have it to simply avoid arguing. And even when im not high , the after i still dont really care what no one has to say about me. I feel like weed has hepled me discover my self worth because i do t take shit from people any more, now nothing can hurt me.
Does weed make anyone else emotionally numb? ii

Oh by the way i just started smoking a month ago.

• Yes
  • No thats not normal
Weed just makes me feel alive and happy, i feel like i can do anything, i crave for thse emotions because they are so foreign to me, i have suffered from depression ever since i was 8, ever since the bad thing happened with my father and im just now 1 year of being depressed free. Im 16. And i love this feeling that weed gives me, im doing so much better in general even when im not high.

Most Helpful Guy

• I feel like weed should be used just occasionally and recreationally, just like you'd have a drink socially. Habitual weed use is the same as alcoholism, it doesn't solve your problems, it just provides an escape. I went through a period of smoking a lot of pot, I had no motivation to get my shit together. Now I just toke up on the odd weekend here and there, I feel like less of a stoner and I've got my life on track, it means I can really enjoy things without issues looming over me.

• Yeah, I wish everyone had this same mentality. It's better to just take care of all the issues and things you have to get done in your life first before you reward yourself with a little green. You feel less paranoid and stress about all the shit in your life and just enjoy it more, plus by not doing it all the time you have a lower tolerance and can feel it more.

• @Surfofthenomad we share the exact same viewpoint!

What Guys Said 4

• Hmm, I feel more sensitive about everything. I tend to be more self conscious about everything I say or do and use less of my crude humor in fear that it will offend someone and more likely to hold back how I feel about something. That's the one drawback it has for me, makes me feel like more of a pussy. I suppose people react differently to it though.

• I dont smoke pot kills brain cells

• weed makes u feel more relaxed n laid-back... so

• Nope, I'm just laid back, happy and hungry. I start to eat loads of food.

What Girls Said 3

• Its not good to smoke weed - its bad for your brain. You need to find other ways of dealing with your anxiety and your desire to fit in with your peers.

• ... I mean that's kind of why people smoke it.

• That's what people do drugs and drink alcohol to change who they are. Yes is first the fact is to numb your feelings and take away pains