Is the way you act when drunk or high the real you?

I've always wondered this cause seeing the same person under the influence vs sober is drastic in many cases. I'm social and energetic when sober. I'm a jokester and when drunk I became an understanding listener who is listening to ppls problems when they ramble on about how their life sucks. It's a polar opposite vibe and I've been told I'm a boring drunk its a weird dynamic that I have thought about after seeing my friends high/drunk.

Most Helpful Girl

• I am really quite around most people, and I get even quieter when I'm drunk.

• Well I'm not a daily drinker at all and more of type to go out if you give me a ride cause I hate driving while drunk. I get wasted and people can't even tell I'm drunk cause I'm not hopping on bar stools and the more I drink the more shy I am.

• Not if you found better buddies... I mean, I haven't graduated yet, I don't have a boyfriend, I'm young, and while I do have parents that would tell me not to, I could choose not to listen to them.

• Thanks.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 3

• When you're drunk your inhibitions go away. For example. I am normally well mannered because it's the proper way to be but there are times where I just want to cuss a situation out but I restrain myself because I know it isn't proper. When I'm drunk I don't care. I swear like a sailor. Now apply this to people who have anger issues. They don't normally get in fights but they will just get super pissed off when drunk and attack people because they are violent people by nature but they hold it back because they know they'll be shunned if they act abusive normally. When drunk they don't care if society will shun them for being abusive.

• Well then why do I become a shyer and quiet. I seem to have a caring side when drunk lol.

• Are you naturally outgoing when sober or do you put effort into being outgoing?

• I'm naturally talkative and always have been the center of attention in my classes but its like when I get drunk I go intoba zone of self evaluation and just think.

• What is real? How do you define 'real'? If you're talking about what you can feel, what you can smell, what you can taste and see, then 'real' is simply electrical signals interpreted by your brain.
    -Morpheus

• Drink me is just me with no filter.