Do you believe the US Government is involved in a conspiracy to cover up the truth about extraterrestrials?

I would say yes, but I am also a very naturally skeptical person. It is extremely annoying that there is no "smoking gun" despite the vast amounts of circumstantial and anecdotal evidence.

Most Helpful Guy

• I doubt it. Governments (especially America) suck when it comes to keeping big secrets like this from the public for long periods of time. Area 51, NSA leaks, Bay of Pigs, Watergates, The CIA's fuck ups, the bunkers within the White House, Nuclear Warheads and etc. History have constantly taught us, the bigger the secret, the harder it is to keep it as such and a secret this big would be impossible to keep behind closed doors unless only a few (2-5) people knew of it.

Hypothetically though, if aliens have indeed made contact with us and our governments knowingly kept it a secret from us then I would support that decision 100%. Humans are not ready to know of the existence of extraterrestrial.

• Yeah but those are only the secrets we know about, think about it... if the reality was there was just as many secrets we didn't know as the ones we did... we wouldn't actually know about it, cause their still secret.

I don't know for sure but I think its entirely possible they do know and are covering it up, but lets be clear here, we arn't talking about the whole government because then it would be impossible to cover up. We're talking about a small group of power people within the government. It might sound like conspiracy theory bullshit, but ask yourself this, do we know that there are very powerful people in the world, in governments? sure we do, they exist.. do we know what they really do in their lives? no... IF you were one of these people, and you found out there was extraterrestrials, would you be tempted to keep it to yourself? if you did how would you go about it? when you put yourself inn their shoes, suddenly it all makes sense.. if ET's are real that is.

• Like your former Minister of Defence.

What Girls Said 1

What Guys Said 6

• Yes I do, the keep it secret to prevent mass hysteria as they feel we the people are unable handle the truth.

• Not really. The cover up would have to be world wide since the US Government is certainly not the only body peeking into space.

People simply want to believe. Me too, it would be awesome if they were humanoid in appearance and friendly. But I think the more logical conclusion would be that we haven't found ET-life in any close-to-human form yet.

• and how do you explain everything people say then?

• so you think they may be visiting Earth?

• Maybe, maybe not. So far I haven't seen any truly convincing evidence to be certain about it.

• ETs exist even before dinos bro...

• There are some pretty interesting murals depicting humans being visited by 'sky gods'. How true that is though...

• Aliens, basically. Though of course the people in old times would herald them as gods.

• it really is very similar in cultures all over the world that had no contact with each other sooo yeah

• The us government isn't the only government in the world. If we had discovered aliens then I'm 100% sure it would somehow leak.

• It has leaked

• A good way to discredit something is to make it in to a joke and think someone is crazy if they take it seriously too.

• You seem so keen on discrediting the discrediting people that I find it itself discrediting of your own claims. If you don't have real proof, as appears to be the case, then, well, there's nothing to look at. Of course people have stories. That's not new. People crave attention.

• No, I don't.

• It'd be the death of a bunch of people's careers if it got out, so probably not.