A question for older folks (mostly those born before 1970-1975 or so)?

Did u ever x-pect one day u’d b able 2 communicate wid people all around da world behind a computer screen?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes. I had a sneak preview when the aliens took me into their space ship and showed me what we could expect. But even they did not realize how poorly we would use it.

• interestin... just wonderin when u started usin computers? u must've been in yer 30s when they started becomin used by general public.

• Thank you for MHO. The aliens told me I would be favored. But why am I telling this to you Klaatu? Klaatu barada nikto!

What Girls Said 2

• I didn't, but I'm sure glad it happened! One of the most precious things in my life happened because of this technology!

• i wouldn't want it to be honest, i need the human touch.

• i mean not all the time. but yes i am comfortable with doing what i am doing now :)

What Guys Said 6

• I was born in 1967.

In 1986, I read a futurist book by the title of "Micro Millenium". The significant message of this book was that one day, I would have the smartphone I'm holding in my hand.

1986 to 2011 was a long time to wait for something I knew was coming. That is longer than many on GaG have been alive.

• Not like I predicted it or anything, but I'm more impressed with nearly global personal communication with cell phone technology. Almost anywhere in the world you can have instant access to just about any live video or audio anywhere else as well as the ability to transact business instantly.

• Mate I did not have a colour TV im my house till I was about 8.

• i see...

although 80s had good music and all... i can't imagine how people were spendin their nights without internet. just TV isn't enough

• Different time friend - You are ever indoors

• No.

filler

• No, I certainly didn't. Never had any idea about this until my late 20's.

• I was born in the early 80's and no i did not :P