How to deal with your pet getting older?

My dog has gotten into his senior years and has started to show signs of aging. I've been getting scared about him dying. Obviously I know it's to be expected that pets will die but I've had this little guy in my life since I can remember. How hard is it to deal with your pet's death and how do you deal with it getting older?

Most Helpful Guy

• Try to enjoy the time you have left, basically. It's not easy to see your beloved pet wither away, but I hope you can find solace in the great years you have shared together.

It may seem unfathomable now, but eventually you will get a new dog which will be lovable in its own right. It won't make you forget the old dog, and you shouldn't, but it will give you a new life-companion for at least another decade.

What Guys Said 3

• Its very hard

• Like humans pets groq older... natural

• I don't know never had a pet sorry

What Girls Said 2

• Its okay. When your pet dies - you can replace him with another pet. I would celebrate his life instead of mourning his death - pets are shorter in life span than humans but they bring us happiness and joy.

• Me and my family had an old cat and it was hard because he had to be put down his legs gave way but you will get over it after a while