Is This Childcare Overpriced?

Okay, so I go to this after-school program (Boys & Girls Club) and it it's in this elementary that is right next door to my middle school. It is closing down this year because they only wanted one program. There is this other program called, you guessed it, Childcare. It's not my problem because I'm going to be in high school next year, but I have 2 sisters in elementary. The boys and girls club only charged $35 a year. Childcare charges $300 A MONTH. That would be $600 for my sisters per month. There are 10 months in a school year, so do the math. $6,000 A YEAR. The program is just like Boy's & Girls club. Are they overpriced?

• HELL YEAH IT'S OVERPRICED
  • NO IT'S WORTH IT

Most Helpful Guy

• Hell yeah that's overpriced. You'd almost have to take out a second mortgage just to afford the childcare.

However you live in The States. Here in Holland, Childcare is subsidized so people don't have to pay hundreds a month.

• I've always wondered what it's like in the Netherlands.

• In regards to Childcare it's definitely cheaper. But the government is being an ass, basically. They want more families to work yet they are reducing their childcare budget, causing childcare prices to go up. Many childcare centers have gone out of business over the last few years because of this silly move.

• So let's just say it's definitely not ideal either!

What Guys Said 4

• Eh, Everything essential is overpriced.

Like, The other day, I was in a shop, And, I was walking down an Aisle, And, whilst texting, I looked up, And noticed that like period stuff for chicks is FUCKING INSANELY expensive, And, I couldnt help but think, Like, Periods are something every chick goes through, And, Its something that sucks and they have no choice in, So, Its kinda unfair that that shit be really expensive rite? I don't know,, Just thought id share that xD.

• Yes for sure they are overpriced for childcare and it's shame parents
    aren't able to get some type of assistance to help pay
    for the cost of that price.

• Unless you live in the upper east side or Beverly Hills no one is going to be sending their kids there...

• It's only overpriced, if you don't make a lot of money. So to people like athletes, it would be a sinch

What Girls Said 2

• Are you sure you read/heard it right? It seems a bit unrealistic

• It's way over priced I think I would look somewhere elas or ask family for help with childcare

• All of my other family lives on the East Coast (except for my aunt & uncle & two cousins who live in CA).