The most widely debated symbol in all of religion is the biblical 666... ?

yet it appears only twice in the Bible:

"Now the weight of gold that came to Solomon in one year was six hundred three score and six talents of gold," I Kings 10: 14 (KJV ).

"Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast; for it is the number of a man; and his number is six hundred three score and six." Revelation 13:18 (KJV).

Never in all of history have so few words led to so much fear and death.

God; bullshit artist or comedian?

******** update.
******** update 2.

Most Helpful Girl

• I am not sure what it means but I think it might represent mental resistance to God or the worship of the physical world. As Christians you are supposed to worship the spiritual world and ignore the physical world.

• I've always wondered about the connection to seven, which is a symbol of completion (seven days of creation). In the gaming world 777 is the luckiest of numbers. It's a stretch, but perhaps 666 is meant as completion only on the worldly order? Does this resonate with what you are saying?

• well I think 666 might be associated with worshiping the physical world because the bible says all the inhabitants of the earth will worship the beast. What is something that everybody on this earth worships? It's the physical world - the idols of beauty, materialism, money, power, sex, entertainment, etc...

• Hi... one of the most interesting theories I've heard is that the entire Bible is a parable of seven godly days, as in a thousand years is as a day to the lord. It's been roughly six thousand years (days) since creation, with another thousand remaining. The 'day' of God's rest, if you will. Have you ever heard that.

What Girls Said 2

• You don't need to continuously bash people over the head with some things for them to get the point. If you know how to read the Bible properly it's pretty obvious that it's evil.

• Enlighten me. How is Kings 10:14 evil?

• It's connected to 1 Timothy 6:10 which says that the love of money is the root of all evil.

• The gold in Kings is tribute paid to Solomon. It says nothing about love.

• You don't need to repeat something a billion times to know that it's evil right? Some things are just known

• The passage from Kings mentions no evil. Are you claiming contradiction in the Bible?

What Guys Said 2

• In greek biblical texts the number of the beast is 999. It was some old belief of converting a name into numbers (hence some believeing the beast was emporer nero) I honestly don't remember to much about the details or how it worked, I don't think it was a simple subsitution but then names have changed with time.(Jesus's real name was Yeshua or in modern spelling Joshua, Jesus if memory serves was the greek pronunciation) Also the fact that you have all of this information being changed from ancient hebrew, to latin, to greek, back to latin, then to english/italian/etc. causes a lot of distortions to the meanings of the words like a copy of a copy of a copy, slowly degrading each time. Its probably why there is a statue of Moses in the vatican with horns.(they mistranslated the word for halo into the word horn)

• Dude my birthday is 111666