Do you think non-believers are tolerant?

I went to public school in Canada, and I can tell you, the people who I found to be the most intolerant, hateful, violent, homophobic, racist and sexist were atheists hands down. I've literally yet to meet a peaceful atheist who doesn't harbour some kind of irrational fear or hatred of "the other".

Why do they like to accuse religious people of this kind of bigotry when they obviously participate in it way more?

I think the real delusion is that atheists are somehow more moral and smart than us. Is this statement too intolerant? Lol

Most Helpful Girl

• I get a lot of harassment, slander and disrespect for being religious. Some people report my religious posts online. Some people create multiple accounts to stalk me. Some people slander me. Some people gossip about me and some people attack me and hate me without cause and they are mostly all atheist. I only had about 1-2 Jewish stalkers. All my other haters were Atheist.

What Girls Said 7

• Do you mean like some teachers at the faith base schools that told my 6 year old nephew he was going to burn in hell because he wasn't baptized.

• Some are, some aren't. I've met a lot of "You're going to Hell" and other religious people as well as some "ALL religion is bad and should be abolished" nonsensical Atheists.

Both sides have their bad folks.

• I'm atheist and I can honestly say I am not any of those terms.
    You were in school, people are childish, they don't understand true meanings of things/don't have any experience in that area. Eg; have never had their race, sexuality etc. insulted to their face. I was ignorant in high school but once I left I started seeing things much differently, even started questioning my own sexuality.
    At school people just try to fit in with the rest, they're sheep.

• I think it's the opposite actually, I think people are who they are in high school and then they have to adapt in the real world.

• Yeah, but I met an amazing atheist this year.
    He was respectful towards all religion. We talked about religion a lot and he was calm, smiling and etc. Had fun.

• I dont think religion and non religion has do to with tolarance all the time

• Where in Canada did you grow up?

I've never cared to notice that ^ .

• You've never cared to notice that? Well a lot of people have.

• The leaders of all hate groups (anti gay, anti trans, anti choice,) are all religious people
    There are bad people on both sides but religious bigots are at the front of the line

• Nah I just think they're more organized. Atheists definitely participate in it more.

• It's church groups. There may be atheists with the same ideas but it usually an entire church group who organize and make up most of the stuff like that

What Guys Said 7

• Yes, I have found that exact same phenomenon as well.

• It's the other way around in 'Murica

• No one is tolerant.

• As an agnostic I'd say I am a tolerant person. I do get annoyed when atheists and religious people try to prove their beliefs as superior.

• I think that's debate though, what's restarted is when someone tries to prove themselves as superior, that's when it gets funny.

• Retarded*

• You haven't met a quiet peaceful atheist... because the quiet peaceful ones... are quiet... and peaceful 😊

• I've met them... It's just when I spend more time with them, I usually see some sort of indication that they're probably not who they let on...

• Yea, they're pretty sad

• Lol! IKR? 😆😆😆

• I've had the same experience! I'm just sitting there eating a sandwich and some athiest comes up to me and is like " you caused 7/11".
    Religion is evil bla bla bla, Stalin, Mussolini and Zedong didn't follow a book so that doesn't count!

Stupid crap like that...