How long have you been consistently employed for?

Another words, how long have you had a job, whether it be the job you have right now or not. I've had a job since August 30th, 2011, so in a little over two months, I will be employed for four straight years (with ONE week of vacation from work, mind you.) However, I have had six jobs in this span (it's a long story) but either way, that's as it is. If you could, besides voting, state how many jobs you've had in your stretch and how long it's been.

What about you all here on GAG?

• I just started a job (within the last month.)
  • 2-6 months consecutively
  • 7-11 months consecutively
  • 1 year to a year and a half consecutively (1-1/2)
  • 2-4 years consecutively
  • 5 or more years consecutively
  • I'm currently unemployed
@Blitz_dog You gave the most through response and you're a workaholic (like me lol.) Thanks for your input.

Most Helpful Guy

• I've had two jobs consecutively for the past 15 months. Before that I only worked summer jobs while I attended school. I'm still in college, but summer jobs just aren't enough at my age. I also recently enlisted in the national guard for the next 6 years.

What Girls Said 4

• I started working at my current job at 15, I'll be 20 soon..
    5 years strong, I love it.
    And they're super great about my scheduling with school.

• It's been about a year and a half now, but I'm looking for a new job. Fingers crossed!

• Four years counsecutively.

• I've been employed by the same people for the last 7 years (since i was 16). Over the years i have had numerous other side jobs but have stuck with this one the longest

What Guys Said 6

• I had my first job (part time, during junior and senior year of high school) for 20 months. I quit almost a month ago.

• May of 1996.

• About four and a half years.

• E. I would have been employed for longer but I had too many issues to deal with. Besides, long-term employment is pretty much a thing of the past now. Switching jobs is where it's at.

• You're right about how hard it is to keep a long-term job. I feel you on that one. It's the same here in the United States.

• Yeah.. I don't necessarily mind it as I believe life is too short to be working for the same boss until you die or retire. What I do mind is how discard-able workers have become and the push companies make to make lay-offs even easier to do.

Our national post company employed a particularly nasty tactic where they fired their delivery men, then offered to rehire them under much worse terms. It's been criticized a lot in our media and finally the company has promised to offer their delivery guys steady jobs again. At least sometimes the common man can win against the corporate behemoth. :)

• I usually quit a job shy if two years still working on my degree it's a job not a career even though I got paid more than one would with a degree

• I have been quality lifegaur 4 about 2 months now.