How to survive waking up at 3-4am?

I'm having to help unload chickens around that time on Monday. I don't know how I'm going to survive the lack of sleep. Any tips?

Most Helpful Girl

• Try and go to sleep earlier than normal the night before. That way you won't lose too much sleep and it will be easier in the morning. When the alarm goes off, get up and get dressed right away. Lolling around in bed and dawdling makes it harder and you could fall back asleep. Have a good breakfast with some coffee.

What Guys Said 7

• Most likely you'll have to lay down in the evening
    and get some sleep than or go to bed earlier i know
    it sucks.. My dad use to be farmer and he be on the
    farm doing all that stuff at them hours of the day
    i usually fall sleep early in the evening cause i
    get woke up early so i try laying down but for me
    I'm really no sleeper..

• What helps me wake up at shitty times (I worked night shifts a few years ago):

1. Lukewarm or even cold showers - Hot showers make me sleepy but colder ones feel energizing
    2. Coffee or other drinks or foods that contain caffeine - However this will not sustain you throughout the entire shift
    3. A small meal of fruits and nuts - Bananas are especially good for energy
    4. Don't snack on sugary juices or foods - Sure they will boost your energy but you will crash pretty quickly on them!

• Drink some Nyquil at like 7pm n ur golden.

• you literally aren't in danger of dying. you will just be tire but it will pass.

• Destroy/paralyze whatever woke you wiith a brick and go back to sleep

• I used to work 12 hour shifts as a driver and would start at 4 am so I'd have to wake up at 3 am. What I would do is run the day before so I would be tired enough to sleep at an earlier time.

• I listen to hardcore rap :D. It wakes me up

What Girls Said 3

• Go to sleep earlier by 15 minutes every night until then. When you get up, eat a good breakfast and take a hot shower. Don't rest too much or you'll get tired and sleepy.

• i generally wake up at 4
    sleep early, at around 9

• Chickens? Do you work on a farm or something?