Have you ever rejected someone because you were afraid of how much you liked them?

Does this even make sense to anyone else or am I just weird?

Most Helpful Girl

• It makes sense. My mom has always told me look for someone to love you not someone to love. It may sound weird but its a translation. It seems to me you are thinking objectively, and that is not a bad thing. There's a lot of people who stop thinking with their heads and start thinking with their libido, but honestly if they took the time to think about it, then they would notice different things. Plus its human nature to be afraid of rejection. What if you end up falling faster than him and then he breaks you heart? I am not telling you that it is always ok. But it isn't weird, you are just looking for someone who you can grow with and fall in love with mutually.

What Guys Said 4

• Falling in love involves opening up and allowing yourself to be vulnerable towards another person - we're talking about someone you'd potentially share your life with. Obviously you don't want to let go of who you are as a person and become whatever it takes to please that other person, that would be something to be concerned about, but attraction? That is something to be embraced, not feared.

• That does not make sense at all. If I was attracted to someone strongly, I would want to be with them.

• What are you scared of. Just say yes and have some fun. I promise you not all guys are waiting to murder you the second you give them a chance.

• I can truly say this has never happened to me.

What Girls Said 6

• Nope that makes no sense on any level. If my crush asks me out then of course I'd say yes.

• No. That seems insecure and I'm not like that.

• I have absolutely have done this and I can tell you its a mistake. You will regret it and you probably already do since you posted this question. I would tell who ever you are talking about your true feelings

• i have done it :(

• Nope, I've never done that before

• Yes, I have done it and regret it