When a cold caller knocks on your door and the first thing they do is give you a compliment, about your smile, face or hair is it genuine or fake?

In one week I have had 3 cold callers all woman and the first thing they do is give me a compliment. Is it part of their training?
These women were not trying to sell me anything.

Most Helpful Guy

• They used to use this to sell magazines - send cute 18-19 year old girls that start by saying they are in a confidence-building class and are just supposed to talk to people and get you engaged and then hit you with a sales pitch for magazine subscriptions at 30% over what the blow cards charge.

What Guys Said 4

• Its pre decided.

• Would you open the door if they called you a name?

• Fake. It is part of the sales pitch that they have been trained to give.

• What do you think?

• I don't know.

• " It's even extremely common outside of sales"... Send your parents my condolences.

• Hahaha... Funny!

What Girls Said 1

• Fake, they are just being charming to manipulate you into buy their product. People who are outgoing with a charming personality are hand picked for this type of work.

• These women were not selling anything.

• One wanted to do a survey and the others were talking about the local environment.

• So they were charming you to get you do carry out the survey and listen to their rants about the environment. Cold callers need your attention. They're there for a reason , to get you to listen. Their "product" is whatever they are talking about.