Anybody else appalled by whats going on in Louisiana?

So in case you missed it. It has been confirmed that they are teaching the bible in science classes in public schools. Science class. Since when is the bible science?

Most Helpful Guy

• I'd like the source of this info, but if that's true, I think it's totally wrong. I don't think the Bible has to be taught in school, cause religion should be one person's decision, not something the school forces people into.
    Religion has to be taught, but every major religion, so that people know about it since it's extremely important in our history, but the Bible should never be taught, just mentioned, and especially not in a science class, when the Church has always been against science and have killed thousands of scientists.

• iflscience. com/editors-blog/welcome-bible-belt-mam-louisiana-teachers-are-using-book-genesis-science-classes

• It's ok, I got it. Thanks for posting it. People like to create false stories just to troll, so I had to make sure :)

• Scary 😓 just scary. Got me terrified if the Republicans win presidency we likely see more of this.

What Girls Said 6

• 1|1
  • I'd pull my child outta there so quick..

• And this is why they remain ignorant

• The bible is not science and I am not appalled because I don't live there and I don't care about what goes on in America. But... It is kind of disgusting that they teach that in schools because not everyone will believe the same things.

• Well it's good they're teaching the bible. When I was in private school we went to chapel every morning and we had bible lessons. And we prayed every morning which is something I actually liked.

• But science class... I'm not sure about that.

• An elective class would be better.

• They should teach religion is a class called RELIGION, not science. That's what the fuss is all about.

• Another crying atheist hurray!

• I'm not an atheist

• Also mutual respect for ppls beliefs would dictate your teach your religion on private time. Not in science class in public school. Guess Christians have no respect. Especially you

• What an arrogant bitch

What Guys Said 5

• The way our public schools are set up now is more about spreading propaganda to brainwash the population while also providing the parents with socialized babysitting. Schools aren't designed to educate anyone and help them succeed in life. This is why they even keep trying to ban home schooling even though they normally do much better than kids in our public schools.

All schools need to be privatized so there is more competition. Then the parents can be given vouchers to send their kid to a school that they feel will do a better job educating them. Then schools that ruin the futures of their students by destroying their understanding of science would go out of business. There is no scientific way to prove or disprove God. Therefore any discussion of religion does not belong in a science class.

Just wait and see how they react when another religion wants their beliefs taught in that same science class using the same excuses. I somehow don't think that followers of the bible will really be so understanding about all different theories being taught then.

• It's a tragedy public education is more and more turning into a farce in the US. Poor kids.

• Yes. I'm appalled these fucking republicans always trying tonforc feed somebody their religious bullshit

• I think people should be given vouchers so their kids can go to the schools people want.

• god bless america, as they say.
    you guys are gonna go down in a massive shit storm of karma one day