Irrationally afraid of sharks in chlorinated pool?

Is this normal? I've had this fear for as long as I can remember. Occasionally, I get so freaked out I have panic attacks. I can't swim in the deep end unless another person is already there.

Most Helpful Girl

• if im alone i can't be in the water...
    i think it's just a phobia...
    doesn't make you weird or anything. just something you are afraid of.
    dont feel bad, you're not alone.

What Guys Said 5

• That's okay, you just gotta work through it. Remind yourself that even if a shark was in there, it'd be dead from the chlorine

• And since there are none in there, you think they will drop in from the sky?

• I have no idea lol I think it's pretty stupid to but I'm actually really terrorized.

• sharks cannot survive in pool water

• When I was a kid after watching Jaws I was afraid they'd come out of those circulation vents like something out of a Bond film! I grew out of it though.

• Yeah, I think it's normal.

• Lol I misunderstood your question, it's definitely abnormal because there's no sharks there.

What Girls Said 4

• Sounds like a phobia not a fear.

• that is kinda irrational... the shark wouldn't survive in a chlorinated pool lol.
    Guess you gotta swim more

• wait, are there sharks in there?

• No that is not really normal